"Auto" knife for non LEO

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hot shot

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville La
    I have a couple of the Kershaw "assisted opening knives" I have a small one, then one size up, and love them, they were great work knives when I need a blade and only have one free hand, and a lot of other situations.

About two weeks ago, I broke the blade tip on the large one which was perfect size for me, the smaller one is a little small.

At the gun show this weekend, I picked up a Benchmade "auto" knife, its a great size and I really like it. Im just currious whether or not it would be considered a switch blade, and how much BS Ill get if Im caught with it

dead13

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Shreveport
    i bought an automat kalashnikov by boker at the gun show up here in bossier its an auto also so i guess i have an illegal one too

Doc Holliday

I'm your huckleberry...
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    Watson, LA
    nice blade, but then again aren't all Benchmades.

misdemeanor illegal carrying of weapons charge, as well as losing your investment...

Doc Holliday

I'm your huckleberry...
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    Watson, LA
    i don't think so, unless it's been changed in the past few years. i've only charged someone with it once & it was a misdemeanor. btw, i wouldn't have charged him with it, if he hadn't been an asshat.

hot shot

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville La
    So I guess what Im gathering from Opinions, is if Im an idiot with it, Ill probably loose it, possibly receive a misdemeanor summons depending on the officer, but more than likely if its used for MY intended purpose (work, actual utility knife stuff) Ill be Ok?

If I would want to act an ass Id be better off getting an "assisted opening knife"?

hot shot

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville La
    nice blade, but then again aren't all Benchmades.

misdemeanor illegal carrying of weapons charge, as well as losing your investment...

Thanks.

May think about investing in a griptillion, or a mini ambush to stay safe.

Curious, but with the losing my investment comment. If someone was to be un-licensed but still CCing a pistol, would that constitute the weapon being confiscated? Just asking

Doc Holliday

I'm your huckleberry...
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    Watson, LA
    Thanks.

May think about investing in a griptillion, or a mini ambush to stay safe.

Curious, but with the losing my investment comment. If someone was to be un-licensed but still CCing a pistol, would that constitute the weapon being confiscated? Just asking

In my experience, neither the judge nor the prosecutor will release an item to a person who cannot legally possess it.

yamarider450

EO1(SCW)U.S NAVY SEABEE
    Rating - 92.3%
    11   1   1
    Jun 1, 2008
    Slidell, la
    Well I am in the military and i bought a auto and had to let them copy my military ID and it went in to a system. the guy told me the next time I would not have to do all this again. He was right the next time I bought one they said here you are in the system which one would you like. When i bought mine he had said you need to be either in the military , policeman, fireman thats it.

Doc Holliday

I'm your huckleberry...
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    Watson, LA
    Well I am in the military and i bought a auto and had to let them copy my military ID and it went in to a system. the guy told me the next time I would not have to do all this again. He was right the next time I bought one they said here you are in the system which one would you like. When i bought mine he had said you need to be either in the military , policeman, fireman thats it.

You can order any Benchmade directly from the factory online at significantly discounted prices, as long as you e-mail them a scan of your ID after setting up your account.

My prices on the Auto Presidio run between $164.50 and $175, depending on blade finishes & edge types.

Top Bottom