awww man... seriously!?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tmfaulk

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2010
    Lafayette
    Just bought... at loooooong last, my new sig p238 from academy... only to find out somebody put a TRUGLO on the front site! blegh! Considering theyre supposed to come with a full set of siglite sites... its a little not cool!
    Well... I'll have to suck it up; the gun's NOT going back ... Haha!

Last edited:

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    That does suck but a lesson learned to check the One you purchase don't just look at the display and say ill take it. But that is something that could have been missed. Now you can't prove that's the way you bought it, and you're not pulling the switcharoo.

Last edited:

tmfaulk

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2010
    Lafayette
    That does suck but a lesson learned to check the One you purchase don't just look at the display and say ill take it. But that is something that could have been missed. Now you can't prove that's the way you bought it, and you're not pulling the switcharoo.
    Yeah, I even looked DID look at the one I bought but just flat out overlooked it. Indeed, lesson learned. They're not the WORST sites... just not the front sites that were supposed to come with the gun.

tmfaulk

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2010
    Lafayette
    Is it the Equinox model?

That's what it sounds like

I believe it's the Nitron.
    But I did just notice that the equinox has what looks like the truglo sites

Ok, just looked again. It's DEFINITELY a Nitron; but they put the site package from the equinox on it. Thanks for clearing that up for me. Was worried someone in the back of academy had been doing some custom work haha

Last edited:

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I believe it's the Nitron.
    But I did just notice that the equinox has what looks like the truglo sites

Ok, just looked again. It's DEFINITELY a Nitron; but they put the site package from the equinox on it. Thanks for clearing that up for me. Was worried someone in the back of academy had been doing some custom work haha

Does it look like this

http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProductDetails/p238-nitron.aspx

Or this

http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProductDetails/p238-equinox.aspx

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    It's the first one. I went and looked myself. They put the equinox sites on the Nitron. Thanks for looking it up though.

Yep looks like Sig either puts Contrast or SIGLITE Night Sights on that model. That sucks if you were thinking you were getting the Night Sights

tmfaulk

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2010
    Lafayette
    I didn't know sig used truglos on some of their guns. That's why I was so confused. I thought they used siglite on all of their weapons. Like I said earlier, I don't hate truglos, they're just not my favorite.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Yep looks like Sig either puts Contrast or SIGLITE Night Sights on that model. That sucks if you were thinking you were getting the Night Sights

The Truglo TFO sight is a tritium night sight. I think Sig actually considers it sn upgrade from the basic Siglite set.

The TFO sights suck badly. I would contact Sig and see if they'll replace it with the correct front sight for that model.

tmfaulk

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2010
    Lafayette
    The Truglo TFO sight is a tritium night sight. I think Sig actually considers it sn upgrade from the basic Siglite set.

The TFO sights suck badly. I would contact Sig and see if they'll replace it with the correct front sight for that model.

I've considered it; I may do that.
    But, speed, can you tell me something? I have another pistol that came with a full set of truglo on them; front and back. The reason I don't like them is because they have to be babied; using certain cleaners near them caused one of the rear sites to crack and die out. Beyond that, I don't know of their quality versus others. Are there other ways they pale in comparison?

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I've considered it; I may do that.
    But, speed, can you tell me something? I have another pistol that came with a full set of truglo on them; front and back. The reason I don't like them is because they have to be babied; using certain cleaners near them caused one of the rear sites to crack and die out. Beyond that, I don't know of their quality versus others. Are there other ways they pale in comparison?

The overall design is just poor and they are quite prone to breaking. My other beef with them is regarding the rear sight being too bright in relation to the front sight. When shooting at speed they make it incredibly difficult to maintain proper focus on the front sight, especially if shooting in daylight. But that doesn't apply to the Sig in this case.

tmfaulk

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2010
    Lafayette
    The overall design is just poor and they are quite prone to breaking. My other beef with them is regarding the rear sight being too bright in relation to the front sight. When shooting at speed they make it incredibly difficult to maintain proper focus on the front sight, especially if shooting in daylight. But that doesn't apply to the Sig in this case.

Good points.
    I believe you're right about Sig considering the TGs an "upgrade." The funny thing is, there are 21 p238 models and there is only ONE that gets the TG on the front. Another funny thing was that instead of the plastic holster that is supposed to come with the pistol, I got the sigtac pocket holster with it instead... Seems like it was a little Frankenstein combo action from the factory haha.

Top Bottom