B-17 and B-25 video, recently done

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Muddy45

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Covington
    I remember riding in a b-25 in the early 90's. That was an incredible time even if it was for less than an hour flying over the cornfields of Nebraska. My spot was the half door on the left side, my brother was in the tail gunner spot, my Dad was up front and his friend was in the top gunner spot.

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    I remember riding in a b-25 in the early 90's. That was an incredible time even if it was for less than an hour flying over the cornfields of Nebraska. My spot was the half door on the left side, my brother was in the tail gunner spot, my Dad was up front and his friend was in the top gunner spot.

How much room is in a B-25? I get the impression that there is not much. One pilot, no co-pilot, right?

One of the vets on the WW2 list flew them in SE Asia during the war. He loaded the 75mm.

- - - Updated - - -

That B-17 is painted with the markings of my Dad's unit . 457th Bomb Group . Station 130 Glatton http://www.457thbombgroup.org/

Incredible!

That is really nice.

Muddy45

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Covington
    How much room is in a B-25? I get the impression that there is not much. One pilot, no co-pilot, right?

One of the vets on the WW2 list flew them in SE Asia during the war. He loaded the 75mm.

- - - Updated - - -

Incredible!

That is really nice.

Not a whole lot, there was more room since there were no bombs or bomb carriers, my brother still had to crawl to the tail gunners spot. What I remember most was how thin the body was, I couldn't imagine flying though enemy fire with nothing but an aluminum can protecting me.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    My Dad said that there was armored panels that mounted inside the fuselage but they were heavy and usually were jettisoned to conserve fuel in an emergency or left behind altogether . Some of the gunners had flak jackets as well . Not much protection there .

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sollidus_
    Top Bottom