Bachmann: Hawking’s Blunder on Black Holes Shows Danger of Listening to Scientists

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    I'm pretty sure that inside of Bachmann's head...There's nothing but one big black hole.

http://www.newyorker.com/humor/boro...nger-of-listening-to-scientists-says-bachmann

Stephen Hawking’s Blunder on Black Holes Shows Danger of Listening to Scientists, Says Bachmann

BY ANDY BOROWITZ

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Dr. Stephen Hawking’s recent statement that the black holes he famously described do not actually exist underscores “the danger inherent in listening to scientists,” Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minnesota) said today.

Rep. Bachmann unleashed a blistering attack on Dr. Hawking, who earlier referred to his mistake on black holes as his “biggest blunder.”

“Actually, Dr. Hawking, our biggest blunder as a society was ever listening to people like you,” said Rep. Bachmann. “If black holes don’t exist, then other things you scientists have been trying to foist on us probably don’t either, like climate change and evolution.”

Rep. Bachmann added that all the students who were forced to learn about black holes in college should now sue Dr. Hawking for a full refund. “Fortunately for me, I did not take any science classes in college,” she said.

Bachmann’s anti-Hawking comments seemed to be gaining traction on Capitol Hill, as seen from the statement by Rep. Lamar Smith (R-Texas), Chairman of the House Science Committee, who said, “Going forward, members of the House Science Committee will do our best to avoid listening to scientists.”

Get the Borowitz Report delivered to your inbox.

Photograph by Alex Wong/Getty.

JHenley17

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Prairieville
    It's pretty obvious she knows nothing about science, no need to point that out.

I really hope this ball stops where it is. That's all we need, a bunch of nutjobs as bad as Gore to make the republican party look retarded and secure more votes for dems.

JHenley17

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Prairieville
    Ahh, hence the "humor" section. I was wondering WTF they were talking about in the first place, I figured black holes being disproven would be all over the place.

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    Wow. At least you didn't post a link to a story from "The Onion". But still,......

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Top Bottom