Bank of America refusing to allow gun purchases

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • X Zombie

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    NOLA
    WTH That is some bull pooh! I don't bank with them but sounds like the perfect reason to change banks.

JLouv

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Youngsville
    Ever seen the sign that says something to the effect of "We reserve the right to refuse service to xxx"??

same thing. BoA is a private company and they can do business how they see fit inside of us gov guidelines which allow them to "reserve the right to refuse service". It's up to you to do business with them or not.

MikeR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2011
    Carencro
    How is that legal though? How can they tell someone what they can and cannot buy?

They can't tell you what you can buy.
    However, they can limit what their products (debt or credit cards) are used to purchase.

It's simple, don't use their products nor services. If you bank with them, change banks.

gotabyte

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Slidell, LA
    Send back their postage paid credit card offer envelopes with just a note referencing the second amendment. Let them pay for their actions.

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    That's funny, I used one of their cards to buy my POF a couple months ago. I know their anti gun stance, but the card is super low interest, I never carry a balance so they don't get any interest anyway, and I only use this one card for online gun-related purchases just as my own personal F-You to BoA. Maybe that has come to an end?

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I never carry a balance so they don't get any interest anyway, and I only use this one card for online gun-related purchases just as my own personal F-You to BoA.

Maybe no interest but they get 3% of what you pay the vendor. That's why some places charge 3% when you use any credit card. Don't worry, every time you use your card BOA gets money.

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    Cabelas and bass pro rewards cards are bank if America. Greed over beliefs?
    What are they actually doing? Not processing payments to certain vendors? As far as I know, they only get a department or category type when the payment is charged (electronics, sporting goods, etc) not a description of what is purchased. So if you buy a rifle or ammunition or accessories, when the payment is processed it only says what ever that store calls it and in falls into a certain category, the authorization does not say ar15 magazines made by magpul.
    What will this do to any backorders people have in place with a Bank of America card?
    I have a bass pro shops rewards visa thru bank I America, tempted to go buy something at bass pro and see if it gets declined.

MTregre

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    St. Charles Parish
    If more people would actually act according to their priciples, this nation wouldnt be in the mess its in right now. Yet, if more people had priciple, it wouldnt be either.

LabRat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Cabelas and bass pro rewards cards are bank if America. Greed over beliefs?
    What are they actually doing? Not processing payments to certain vendors? As far as I know, they only get a department or category type when the payment is charged (electronics, sporting goods, etc) not a description of what is purchased. So if you buy a rifle or ammunition or accessories, when the payment is processed it only says what ever that store calls it and in falls into a certain category, the authorization does not say ar15 magazines made by magpul.
    What will this do to any backorders people have in place with a Bank of America card?
    I have a bass pro shops rewards visa thru bank I America, tempted to go buy something at bass pro and see if it gets declined.

Cabelas owns the entity that backs their VISA card, not BoA

Bass Pro is BoA

S&W4ME

I'm kind of a big deal
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Walker, LA
    I call BS on this one. The merchant doesn't have the ability to look up your individual purchases only the amount you spent and with what retailer.

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    My bad, I was wrong on that one.
    I will note that BoA offers rewards cards for many places though. The basspro rewards card is one and for some reason I was thinking the cabelas was too. It must be some other junk mail I get that I was thinking of.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TonyGuillory
    Top Bottom