Bank pan fishing in houma? Is there any place left?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Epi5

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2014
    Houma, LA
    Heyas, i was wondering if anyone knows if the houma area has anywhere thats still worth going to, that has perch/bream etc thats fishable from the bank.

Have tried a few places, and most spots seem to either have NO fish in the water of any kind or they are so small i may as well be catching minnows.

Im trying to get back into fishing , heck in all water types. But im limited to bank fishing. I had to sell my pirogue when i moved into my new house 2 years ago. And i will NOT be getting another one as anywhere worth going was full of boaters that would fly by and not care that i was in a pirogue and nearly flip me. And getting a real boat isnt an option at all .

Thanks for reading atleast if you cant help lol

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Heyas, i was wondering if anyone knows if the houma area has anywhere thats still worth going to, that has perch/bream etc thats fishable from the bank.

Have tried a few places, and most spots seem to either have NO fish in the water of any kind or they are so small i may as well be catching minnows.

Im trying to get back into fishing , heck in all water types. But im limited to bank fishing. I had to sell my pirogue when i moved into my new house 2 years ago. And i will NOT be getting another one as anywhere worth going was full of boaters that would fly by and not care that i was in a pirogue and nearly flip me. And getting a real boat isnt an option at all .

Thanks for reading atleast if you cant help lol

Can't help much with bank fishing. If you get another pirogue let me know and I can show ya a few spots that's good fishing and safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Epi5

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2014
    Houma, LA
    Can't help much with bank fishing. If you get another pirogue let me know and I can show ya a few spots that's good fishing and safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Might be able to borrow one from a co worker one day lol. Other than that it will be at least a year till i get my own. But thanks lots! Will keep this in mind :)

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    Just out of Houma along 182 I think is that canal, I always see folks fishing it, you can drive down to Pointe-aux-Chene and do salt water along the canals..
    Not sure if there are any being caught, but just over by the canal there in Houma, under the bridge I see folks fishing..

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jp3544
    Top Bottom