Bash time....

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RussnAttitude

always learning
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    UN
    I got my hands on one of those cheap Jiminez J.A. Nine pistols. I went and shot 3 mags through it. Jam and fte like no other. I figured what do I have to lose... I took it home and got to work. I'm not a gunsmith but can surely figure **** out when need be. I did some feed ramp work, and played with the slide some. Went back and fired about 80rnds through it, with 0 issues. So now that I got it functioning correctly, I know they don't have a good rep and are generally known as throwaways, however, thoughts...?

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    I had a Jimenez 380 years ago that I bought for a little over $100. I sold it for $50 and I was very happy to take a lose on it.

Daddy-O

Pally
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2015
    Wherever the party is
    I've never fired a Jimenez pistol, so I can't comment on that. However, many years ago, my father and one of my older brothers both had a Jennings J-22 pistol. On box number one of ammunition, my father's cracked the slide and, more or less, came apart. I know because I was shooting it when it did. My brother reported a similar fate with his, though I wasn't there when it went kablewie. Based upon that experience, I've stayed away from Jennings, Bryco, and Jimenez guns for good.

ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington
    Congrats on your newly honed turd polishing skills. Maybe you can sell that bright and shiny piece of **** and buy yourself a merit badge.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Last edited:

Slalom.45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    If you want some history, you might check out a recent Handgun World Podcast that takes about the Jiminez and other similar pistols. I believe the title included "Ring of Fire" pistols. It talked about what brought about a lot of cheap pistols from a political standpoint and talks about shooting them. Good way to kill some drive time.

Tx_oil

Tx_oil
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Youngsville
    Never personally had any range time with the Jennings/Bryco/Jiminez/Lorcin family but have read repeatedly about their issues. Since you got it to work, keep it around as a 'who cares what happens to it' piece.
    My wife owns an RG .22 revolver that her father gave her during her college years, and just for grins we took it to the range once. I COULD NOT even get on paper at 7 yards with the piece'o crap. Pot metal frame, 1 inch barrel and grip the size of a #2 pencil. Later found out it was the same model Hinckley used to shoot Reagan with. Just gles to show that not EVERYTHING from Germany is precision engineered.

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    When I was younger and not as gun-savvy, I had a Jennings .380 which digested about 200-250 rounds before the firing pin broke. When I called to get a replacement, they sent me two for free, which indicated to me that they just expected me to continue having that problem. I'm not one to get rid of guns often, so it hung around as a last resort kind of thing for several years. When I married, my wife had a smaller model Jennings .380 which we took to the range once together. The slide stuck once or twice each mag, and when I was looking at it I noticed what was either a crack in the metal or just a flaw in the chrome plating. Either way, the $22 and $20 respectively that the pawn shop was willing to give, while selling one of the same for $119, was not satisfying to me, so I gave them to our academy for use as red guns.

The catch with cheap guns is that they only have to work ONCE to save your life, but they HAVE to work once to save your life. I hear a lot of cops joke about perps carrying Ravens and Ha-Pernts, but they also only have to work ONCE to kill you.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    MiyaMarukutsune
    Top Bottom