Basic NRA handgun training

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cajuin

Village Idoit
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Walker, LA
    Looking into basic handgun training for my wife, thinking I might go just to reinforce the importance of it to her. (or would it be better for her alone?)

I doubt if she will ever be enthusiastic shooter, but I want her to be safe and confident in her on ability to protect herself.

I only found 2 classes listed at NRA close enough to go to from here in Livingston Parish.

Any recommendations on where to start for new shooter?

Last edited:

biggin215

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I know Precision Firearms in Baton Rouge is starting to do some basic pistol courses specifically aimed at new shooters. Had the first one a couple of weeks ago and the next one should be coming up soon some time in February.

Bearco

Instructor
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Covington
    Looking into basic handgun training for my wife, thinking I might go just to reinforce the importance of it to her. (or would it be better for her alone?)

If you go, let the instructor be the instructor. I have certainly split up spouses and even had to tell one of them if he opened his mouth one more time, he was gone. Women make great shooters and can do it fine when the husbands do not belittle them. Be there for positive reinforcement or support and you will be fine. You might even learn something too.

Top Bottom