Bass Pro Restauraunt

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EonDresari

Curio & Relic
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    So, I noticed in the recent thread about the Bass Pro gun department, several people mentioned the restaurant. I've never been but noticed that all of the posts mentioning it said that they'd go back to Bass Pro just to eat there.

Does that mean it's quite good?
    Menu recommendations etc?

Looking for a new place to take my folks out to, got out of state relatives coming in a week or so, I usually take them to Don's or Drusilla Seafood in BR when we do this kind of outing. How does the restaurant at BP measure up?

Also, I'd take other nice seafood restaurant suggestions in the BR/DS/GNZS area into consideration. But mainly just curious about the BP place.

Thanks.

Last edited:

headspace

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Hammond
    Yeah, I said it, I'd go back. The kids love it, the food and service are good, and the price is reasonable. I usually get grilled fish and shrimp.
    Another good one is Louisiana Lagnappe on Perkins near bluebonnet, but be warned, the tables are packed in tight and the place is loud! And you'll prolly have to wait for a table as well. But the food and service is worth it

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Yeah, I said it, I'd go back. The kids love it, the food and service are good, and the price is reasonable. I usually get grilled fish and shrimp.
    Another good one is Louisiana Lagnappe on Perkins near bluebonnet, but be warned, the tables are packed in tight and the place is loud! And you'll prolly have to wait for a table as well. But the food and service is worth it

The night before our CHP class, Spec and I ate at Louisiana Lagniappe. They had the best portabella salad I've ever had. Little crowded, little loud but it was very good. I enjoyed it.

BrandonLSU

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Ponchatoula
    My experience there was completely different. Food wasn't inedible but on par with Ryan's steakhouse, blah! Everything we ordered was overcooked. I liked the atmosphere and the fish tanks, but if I'm going to pay $35 to $50 per person I'm going to go to a restaurant that serves something unique and doesn't get their food pre-prepared from Sysco. Capital City Grill maybe. Of course, we went when they first opened so maybe they improved on the quality since then. I've never given it a 2nd try.

shroom14

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    prairieville ,la
    Dutch's steak house ( the berthalots ) next to freds on the river Wednesday night is all you can eat dungeness crab and shrimp great steaks too

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    My experience there was completely different. Food wasn't inedible but on par with Ryan's steakhouse, blah! Everything we ordered was overcooked. I liked the atmosphere and the fish tanks, but if I'm going to pay $35 to $50 per person I'm going to go to a restaurant that serves something unique and doesn't get their food pre-prepared from Sysco. Capital City Grill maybe. Of course, we went when they first opened so maybe they improved on the quality since then. I've never given it a 2nd try.

Fish... Tanks?

::confused:: I remember Mike Anderson had aquariums. I don't remember Lagnaippe having any. We ate there Aug 2010.

Capitol City Grill... If I'm remembering correctly. Very crowded but the charbroiled oysters are awesome.... Nope nevermind. I'm thinking of City Cafe.

Last edited:

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Not a fan of the Bass Pro restaurant. Went a few times thinking it might have been an off day, well not the case. Service is so-so, food is mediocre at best, definately not worth the money.

1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    Food was terrible when I ate there once. Got a grilled combo and everything was overcooked and was frozen tasting. Nothing I would ever go back for.

EonDresari

Curio & Relic
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Thanks for all the responses guys, I think I'll steer clear of the Bass Pro restaurant for the family meet up. I'll try it out myself in the future, but I don't want *this* meal to turn out poorly. Though I suppose there's no guarantee that things'll go 100% at any place. But I'd like to at least limit the chance for things to go poorly.

jussaddwata

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Prairieville
    If I had family coming in from out of town, I would definetly consider bringing them some other place to eat than bass pro....and that's all I'm gonna say about that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

EonDresari

Curio & Relic
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Yeah I hadn't looked at a menu till Charlie12 posted that link. They've been here before and really enjoyed Don's and Drusilla. I think I'm going to look into Parrain's and Lagniappe. My parents thought of Mike Anderson's but I heard they had been not doing so well lately.

jussaddwata

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Prairieville
    I agree with you on Mike Anderson's, we ate there a couple months ago and it is not the quality of food we have enjoyed in prior visits.we will not be going back until I hear some good reports.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Top Bottom