Battle Comp muzzle break

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • goteron

Unity Tactical
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Houma, LA
    I think they are the real deal if you want to do these things in this order

1. Reduce Recoil and Muzzle Rise
    2. Slightly increase flash over AAC Blackout
    3. Slightly increase sound over AAC Blackout
    4. Be the coolest kid on the net (Excluding the Triple Tap Guys... no one is cooler than they are)

They really do work to control muzzle rise and reduce recoil, and are probably the best deal around for that (Unless you want the JP Tank Brake thing)

The downside is they increase flash and noise slightly over an A2 or Blackout

They really screwed up with the AAC deal, from what I understand there was a deal in the works for a partnership between BC and AAC to produce a BC with the 51t and eventually the 90 tooth tapered mounts.

You can mount a Gemtech can and an AAC Omni to it.

I made a custom AAC SPR/M4 mount with one because it protects the blast baffle and reduces recoil at the same time.

I am going AAC Blackouts with a Mini-4

Stop changing profile pictures! That is the only way I identify people around here.

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    All told, they're one of the best non-game comps on the market. I was certainly impressed with the one I gave a dance, although my experience with comps is admittedly limited in the grand scheme of things.

I'd say the increase in "noise", and more specifically muzzle blast, is more than just a little. This from someone who spends a LOT of time around high-gas Open guns, one of which is reported to be the loudest in all of USPSA. Look at it this way-- if the comp is doing a good job, it has to be moving a lot of gas. The recoil impulse of the .223/5.56 is minor, but the amount of pressure it generates is not. Behind the gun, it is indeed a nominal thing. Off to the side, even at a rearward angle-- you can feel it in your eyeballs!

I'm personally not a fan of a break on a fighting AR. It's not like they knock you over with recoil in the first place, and your buddies will have to suffer through the added blast-- as will you, if you find yourself in an odd shooting position that sees you pressed up against a wall or rolled over sideways on/near the ground. YMMV of course!

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    I agree, wouldnt want to touch one off inside.

I was thinking about this topic today at my mini-practice session.

I shot a drill that involved cutting the A-zone out of an IPSC metric, to use as a port. The gun was supposed to be no more than a few inches from the target during the course of fire.

I'm here to tell you, I drew and fired the first of 16 shots through the port and stopped cold. The muzzle blast was magnified so much that it literally stunned me at first-- this with a 124 JHP moving at a nominal 1050 FPS. It had been so long since I shot a port-drill with the AR, I literally felt silly for being such a puss at first...

Make that cardboard target a concrete wall, the 9mm load a full 5.56 beast, and stick me inside a room instead of out in a sand pit... My eyes probably start to bleed...

Add a comp... I don't even wanna think about it...

nickatnite

Crybaby Hater...
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Prairieville, La
    Its no Triple Tap....

Speaking of triple tap...

31d9bd82.jpg

76261d7a.jpg

93dbe2de.jpg

And 400 bucks..... wow

FishingFool

Calls the shot
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    Metairie
    I was thinking about this topic today at my mini-practice session.

I shot a drill that involved cutting the A-zone out of an IPSC metric, to use as a port. The gun was supposed to be no more than a few inches from the target during the course of fire.

I'm here to tell you, I drew and fired the first of 16 shots through the port and stopped cold. The muzzle blast was magnified so much that it literally stunned me at first-- this with a 124 JHP moving at a nominal 1050 FPS. It had been so long since I shot a port-drill with the AR, I literally felt silly for being such a puss at first...

Make that cardboard target a concrete wall, the 9mm load a full 5.56 beast, and stick me inside a room instead of out in a sand pit... My eyes probably start to bleed...

Add a comp... I don't even wanna think about it...

First time I used a comp I had to kneel by a blue barrel during a match. I literally stopped also bc the sound reverb coming off made me think the gun had exploded.

Sent using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wrobi2016
    Top Bottom