Bayou Shooter Magazine?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BenCarp27

I feel like an old man...
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    New Orleans Area, Southshore
    Just wonder if anyone has ever kicked around the idea of a Bayou Shooter Magazine? With all the online members and sponsors, I would have to assume it would go over well on newstands around Louisiana.
    What do you think?

BayouSlide

See ya at the range
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    On the Bayou Teche, La.
    FWIW, I majored in magazine and actually put out a magazine for a utility six times a year. Bayou Shooter could never make it financially, even if the content were there.

Spanky is already delivering the content in the most economically feasible fashion possible and we all get to be contributing writers. ;)

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    What would a gun rag give us that we don't already have? new gun info (someone will post a 'I want one!' everytime something new comes out), tactical class reviews and announcements, good shooting advice, letters to the editor (we've got 4K people ready to give advice), competition reports, professional photography (we've got it)? What more could you want?

OTOH, an emailed newsletter might up advertising...

Last edited:

glimmerman

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    CSA
    What would a gun rag give us that we don't already have? new gun info (someone will post a 'I want one!' everytime something new comes out), tactical class reviews and announcements, good shooting advice, letters to the editor (we've got 4K people ready to give advice), competition reports, professional photography (we've got it)? What more could you want?

OTOH, an emailed newsletter might up advertising...[/QU

Teddy could give us pictures of "Hot" "Nekkid" models holding guns!!!:D

DuckYou

Angry Wiener
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA

OTOH, an emailed newsletter might up advertising...[/QU

Teddy could give us pictures of "Hot" "Nekkid" models holding guns!!!:D

4,000 subscriptions would not make it worth while, unless someone is printing it on a dot matrix and stapling it together. There are a ton of expense with magazines, and they are a lot of work.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    That's why I suggested doing it by email. A few more contributed articles with photos would be appreciated. That could be a bene of being a premium member...
    Maybe something along the lines of Suarez's articles? Or maybe like 'The Blue Press' (back to Teddy and pictures...)
    We could let the advertisers show off some of their latest projects, or maybe a behind the scenes look...

Top Bottom