BCM 14.5 or PSA Sabre

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Owned an FDE Sabre was fine, came with radian charging handle, ambi controls, and B5 furniture from PSA.. ran great suppressed and unsuppressed. Never have bought into the BCM hype, love my cheap ARs from PSA.
    Don’t think it’s all hype.. hype would have died out by now lol, especially with todays social media lol

Last edited:

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Don’t think it’s all hype.. hype would have died out by now lol, especially with todays social media lol
    While I have not held a Sabre, the fit / finish, attention to detail, and quality control on BCM products vs PSA is no comparison. There is a reason BCM rifles cost more than PSA. They could honestly charge as much as other manufacturers such as Daniel Defense and people would still buy them because they are just as good.
    I hate that BCM is semi mainstream now though because I feel like it's just a matter of time that they start putting more into quantity vs quality. Seems to be the nature of the beast, with any small company that makes a name for itself with a good product. Hopefully that doesn't happen.

70mikenike70

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2022
    Lake Charles
    I’ve repaired more PSA rifles than all the others combined. PSA is a definite “no-go” for me.
    Can you explain your comment? What exactly were you fixing? Just wondering, because everyone bashes PSA without exactly understanding that the only difference between PSA and everything else is the logo on the same type of aluminum…. I know I will get blowback on this, but we all need to come to an agreement on this. All AR companies get the same aluminum from the same 3 factories and slap their logo on it and raise the prices accordingly.

70mikenike70

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2022
    Lake Charles
    Owned an FDE Sabre was fine, came with radian charging handle, ambi controls, and B5 furniture from PSA.. ran great suppressed and unsuppressed. Never have bought into the BCM hype, love my cheap ARs from PSA.
    That’s one sexy rifle!!! I love PSA because they don’t try to rape everyone with high prices. I have had so many different PSA AR’s and I only had one problem. The feed ramps were a tiny bit off and it took all of 5 minutes for me to fix it and it was up and running like a scolded dog lol!

Matthewk1114

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 12, 2023
    Slidell
    That’s one sexy rifle!!! I love PSA because they don’t try to rape everyone with high prices. I have had so many different PSA AR’s and I only had one problem. The feed ramps were a tiny bit off and it took all of 5 minutes for me to fix it and it was up and running like a scolded dog lol!
    How could you not love a company pushing out affordable guns to the masses. It’s why i keep shilling out my greenbacks to them. And as for performance I've never had a single issue with a PSA product. If i did im sure they would handle it and fix whatever issue im having. Only got rid of this rifle because it was too long im really into the 14.5” is the new 16” mentality. Especially when you start attaching 7” long cylinders on the end of your rifle and start running around on the shooting range.

70mikenike70

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2022
    Lake Charles
    Right, what they said, should be able to get a Bcm upper from there site and get a free BCG, saves you $190

Hard to beat the 14.5” BFH ELW

I have picked up 2 blem bcm lowers from rooftopdefense.com for like $350 shipped (no tax, saves a good bit)… they are super fast and easy to deal with

How could you not love a company pushing out affordable guns to the masses. It’s why i keep shilling out my greenbacks to them. And as for performance I've never had a single issue with a PSA product. If i did im sure they would handle it and fix whatever issue im having. Only got rid of this rifle because it was too long im really into the 14.5” is the new 16” mentality. Especially when you start attaching 7” long cylinders on the end of your rifle and start running around on the shooting range.
    Did we just become best friends???? LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom