Bcm recce 16? 14?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    That was for my benefit, since I asked about it.

JWG223, understand all. Thanks.

Bore snakes are something I've just recently discovered... but it seems to me that they will re-deposit grunge back into the bore on each pull, unless they are washed/cleaned each time.

Whatever they re-deposit is pretty insignificant IMO. The bores look shiny and crap-free when I shine a light down them afterward. The front part of the snake might have some stuff still on it, but by the time the tail gets there, it's a pretty clean part. Just put it in a sock or something and wash it every time you think it's really filthy. Probably best to wash it by itself, or hand-wash/hand-dry. I used to obsess over bore cleaning, but not really anymore. It just doesn't matter with this kind of weapon if you have a good bore. I prefer the smoothness of the CHF bore, for the reasons I already stated. Am I saying it is more accurate? Not always, just cleaner/easier to clean. Especially if you use FBC or are bent on getting it spotless.

Kyle Defoor and Mike Pannone trust the bore snake to do the job, and that's what they use, if you want more endorsement for it.

Last edited:

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    I have cleaned: Colt SS barrel, Colt CMV (non CL) barrel, and Sabre Defense CMV CL barrels on AR's.

I wet-patch with Hoppes #9 2-3 times, and then I spray FBC in the bore after a dry patch.

I let that set until it runs out blue.

I then use a bore-brush for about 10 passes and gun-scrubber the bore out, and then dry-patch it once, and then spray another round of FBC through it. It still comes out a bit blue from the copper. I then gun-scrubber, dry-patch, CLP wet-patch, and then dry patch.

My Noveske doesn't copper foul at all hardly. There is no blue tint to the FBC, so I stopped doing it all together. A bore snake and done. Hammer forged barrels do not have the "Chatter" in them that button-rifled barrels do. No-matter how nicely that button goes down the bore, there is going to be a little bit of chatter, and that is where copper fouling collects. There is none of this chatter in Noveske's CHF barrel (Or in a DD,BCM,etc. CHF barrel, either, likely.)

Simply put, it copper-fouls way less in 200 rounds than any other type of barrel I have sprayed FBC in does in 20 rounds.

Now, I understand that copper fouling isn't the end of the world, and is usually self-limiting, but it's nice to have it become self-limiting sooner rather than later, I think. Regardless of my method/time/brush-type used, it was the same between the Noveske and the other barrels until I discovered it was wasted time and effort on the Noveske because copper simply doesn't get build up in it at all hardly. Gets the snake, now.

YMMV

You need a girl friend.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    You need a girl friend.

Fine, I will give this a serious response even though I get that it was a joke.

Where, exactly, in LA, am I supposed to find a chic that is okay with me working at night, every weekend? Plenty of "funner" guys out there for them to screw around with. I'm more worried about making a life for myself at the moment. Sports cars and firearms get my down-time. They are 24/7 type things. I have not dated in 1/2 a decade (when I started getting serious about the classes I took in college.), and don't plan on starting anytime soon. Everyone I know who does, never leaves LA. I'm getting out, THEN dating.

ETA: Holy thread de-rail.:exnbp:

Last edited:

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Cheaper Than Dirt has Colt 6720s for less than 1K. If you need a factory gun you could do way worse then starting with the 6720 as a base gun.

Top Bottom