Before you share photos on the internet. Watch this.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Photos are bad mmmmkay?
    pevaqeta.jpg

Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Damn! That's good to know.
    Luckily, almost all the pictures I've posted
    came from a non-GPS camera.

I've tracked people down with nothing more than the serial number of their camera. It's amazing how many people take pictures of their house/yard/street and then post it on the internet somewhere. I can aggregate all the photos belonging to that camera and make an educated guess as to where they came from and who owns it. I can take one image and physically link it to another image...with a few lines of data included in every shot.

Hermit

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 27, 2007
    Ascension
    I've tracked people down with nothing more than the serial number of their camera. It's amazing how many people take pictures of their house/yard/street and then post it on the internet somewhere. I can aggregate all the photos belonging to that camera and make an educated guess as to where they came from and who owns it. I can take one image and physically link it to another image...with a few lines of data included in every shot.

Oh crap! :eek3:
    Remind me not to **** you off. :rofl:

oldsman350

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2010
    Hammond
    That's crazy scary...so I take it I would be safer shooting pics from my Nikon 3300 instead if my iphone? Hell I need to go back to 35mm..

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    Thanks for the info. I had no idea...but from my very limited knowledge and recent reading up about this...piqued due to this info in your video....It looks like the simplest answer may be to turn off all location services of your phone. Go to privacy...and turn off location services.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I thought this was common knowledge in todays world????

disable location services.

Do you realize how many technologically illiterate people there are all around you? I would present the calculations of determining the "IPSY" (Idiots Per Square Yard), of any American city, but that would be too damn depressing for me.

I'm trying to stay more positive of late! :D

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge

Yep! It's scary awesome to be able to do this. I learned about all this awhile ago.

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    I thought this was common knowledge in todays world????

disable location services.

Yea...I've turned location services off about 10 times already.
    Yet almost every time I go into location services....some recent download or other app has turned it back on for a few items. So yes, I knew about it...still know about it...yet its a good idea to check it regularly.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    If you want to one-up the game, just download an extractor and edit your exif files in hilariously fun ways.

for example: the picture of my new truck was taken at the north pole. ...ignore the crawfish restaurant in the background.

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    on a similar note:
    My friend from Mississippi text me one morning letting me know he is coming in to race at the track and how many minutes his ETA is. I text him back saying "1 light to go for me". My text turns into a hyperlink to a map of where I was at the time.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom