Benchmade knives

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mcinfantry

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Watson, La
    LRS 14:95 — Illegal carrying of weapons
    (4) The manufacture, ownership, possession, custody or use of any switchblade knife, spring knife or other knife or similar instrument having a blade which may be automatically unfolded or extended from a handle by the manipulation of a button, switch, latch or similar contrivance.

law says PERIOD

that way if you are "holding it in your hand after your buddies boat wreck" then they still have you. no ownership, no possession

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    I know it says ownership or possession, but the law is titled "Illegal CARRY of weapons" sounds like it needs to be carried to me.

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    I bought a switchblade from an Italian maker. It isn't a stilleto (that shoots out the end). It autos from the side (push button with slide safety). Is this illegal to carry? Also I've been looking for a "smith" to "fine tune" the riveting on the handles. It is a pretty knife as it goes. Has rosewood grips with brass bolsters but I am not at all pleased with the craftsmanship insofar as the brass rivets that were installed in the grips.

Yes. If you press a button and it opens from complete close to complete open it is technically illegal to carry unless you are active military, LEO or emergency of some sort. Whether anyone would ticket you for it is a different question. That probably depends on what you're doing/why/how a COP notices you have something fully auto.

js95gt

Got Glock?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Walker
    I have a kershaw scallion. Best carry knife I've ever had. Blade is really strong and holds edge for a long time.

js95gt

Got Glock?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Walker
    What kind of blade steel? Is it something special or Just 440? I have a ZDP-189, a carbon Damascus and an S30V.

It's 420HC stainless. It is the first knife I've owned with assisted open and I will never have a carry knife without it. I love the assisted open.

Top Bottom