BenchMade Offer

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    BenchMade offers to sharpen one's BM for a nominal fee. You pay the shipping and a dollar or so and they sharpen it and return it to you.

Has anyone taken them up on the offer? Were you pleased with the service?

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    I've thought about it. A guy in downtown covington will put an edge on a knife that's like a razor blade. He only charges $5. So my knives never made it to benchmade because of him lol.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I plan on sending my MiniGriptilian back. I would get it sharpened locally, but BM also disassembles, cleans and tunes the knives from what I understand. And my MG is in desperate need of detail cleaning!

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Pineville/Alexandria
    I plan on sending my MiniGriptilian back. I would get it sharpened locally, but BM also disassembles, cleans and tunes the knives from what I understand. And my MG is in desperate need of detail cleaning!

^
    This - When the spring broke on my 2250 after many, many years of daily use, I had my dealer send it back to BM. They replaced the spring, cleaned and tuned and sharpened the blade for a total cost of $0.00. Their "LifeSharp" service is that you mail the knife to them with a $5 bill and they will do what SpeedRacer said above. (If it's an automatic, you must ship with a copy of your LEO commission or have your dealer ship it or they WILL NOT ship it back to you.)

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride

I sent my MG back to them. They did a good job.

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    Spyderco will do the same.

That's good news. 90% of my knives are BenchMades or Spydercos.

Thanks for the good info. Is there anyone in BR that does excellent work reasonably?

I like the idea of a tune up.

Most recent knife <http://www.knifeworks.com/spydercopersian275mmg-10handlevg-10steelplainedge.aspx>:)

dockbox

Lead Farmer
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    New Orleans
    Sent in my Mini Rukus assisted opening. Had to go through the dealer as it is a an assisted opening. Took about 4 weeks. Went out with a chip in the blade and came home looking brand new.

tp56

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Boutte, Louisiana
    I just got my mini griptilian back this week from Benchmade. It took a little over two weeks from the day I shipped it. I sent it with a nick in the blade and they sent it back looking and cutting like new. They also included a replacement pocket clip. I was very pleased with the service and plan on doing this on a regular basis.

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    I just got my mini griptilian back this week from Benchmade. It took a little over two weeks from the day I shipped it. I sent it with a nick in the blade and they sent it back looking and cutting like new. They also included a replacement pocket clip. I was very pleased with the service and plan on doing this on a regular basis.

That's a really great turnaround time.

Thanks for the info.

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    I'm glad to hear so many good things about BenchMade's CS being so positive. I got in my 950 Rift Osborne yesterday. After Tom Sotis raved so much on the axis lock design that BM used I have been meaning to get one. Finally broke down and spent the money.

IMG_0325.jpg

IMG_0324.jpg

Jed

Bloody Foreigner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    Clearwater Beach, FL
    Bench Made are the only knives I buy.
    Bought my first in a mall on the left coast back in '96 and my last at Bass Pro in Denham last year.
    Always go around the $200 mark.
    Better knives I have not found.

Ben Segrest

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Lafayette
    Beautiful knife Ritten.... I love the shape of that blade keep us posted with your thoughts....

I've dressed at least one hog with mine. It is on the bigger side of what is comfortable to carry, but it does make a great bottle opener. The other knife that I carry the most is a 940 osborne, which has also cleaned a deer and a few hogs.

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    Bench Made are the only knives I buy.
    Bought my first in a mall on the left coast back in '96 and my last at Bass Pro in Denham last year.
    Always go around the $200 mark.
    Better knives I have not found.

Well you need to keep looking I know there are a lot better knives out there...... Maybe not for the price point but definitely better knives..... Chris Reeve Knives would be the first place I would look for a top of the line production made knife...... Large Sebenza 21 currently in my pocket one of my favorites.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TonyGuillory
    Top Bottom