Bersa Thunder .380 7-round version?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • homedefenda

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2008
    Walker and Central
    I have been told this is a damned good gun. Also I have been told that this unit, without considering how great the price is, proves to be a damned good gun. It is supposedly a mimic of the James Bond gun.

Can anyone add to this? Is this gun worth investing in? Be honest. LOL

homedefenda

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2008
    Walker and Central
    Walther PPK is the James Bond gun it's based on.
    Not sure what is meant by 'investing in'. Are you asking is it worth the price or wanting to know if you will make money on it?

I was going to get either it or just save for a Glock, not sure which Glock though, or (I might just get another S&W Sigma .40 cal). However, I am under the impression that the Bersa is just as reliable as the Glock 17, 19, and 21. Not sure though.

What gets me is that I thought it was a 7 round unit, but have seen that it's an 8 round unit. I have also seen other claims. Which is it?

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    There's the 7 round standard model, for which there is an extended 8 round magazine available.. The "Concealed carry" version holds 8, and the "plus" model holds 15. There are also older double stack models that hold 10 and 13 rounds, and prolly some others as well.

If you want something in 380 then get it, but if you want a 9mm on up, then save for that Glock. If you plan on doing a lot of shooting, the price difference between .380 and 9mm will easily pay for the difference.

homedefenda

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2008
    Walker and Central
    Since I know very little about Glock's, which do you recommend? I'm very open to idea's here. The last gun I bought, which was a Rossi 38 special 2 inch barrel revolver, disappointed me very much.

Yes, I do like going to the target lanes. Very fun. I prefer Bass Pro, for some reason. LOL

meisal

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 30, 2007
    Benton, LA
    I have the Bersa .380. It is a sweet pistol.
    Also have a Bersa 9uc. Have never had a problem out of it.
    But mostly carry a Glock 19 (9mm).
    You would be good with any of these choices.
    Just decide if you want a .380 or 9mm.
    Go to Bersatalk.com and learn all you want to about the Bersa.

Bearco

Instructor
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Covington
    I bought one a while back. I have not had any problems with it, however, I have not punished it either. If you are buying it to go to the range, then I would look for something else. It does make a good backup weapon, or a good CC gun if you do not want the extra punch of a larger caliber. It is small enough to conceal OWB with a shirt over it when using the correct holster.

homedefenda

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2008
    Walker and Central
    I have looked at the Taurus Millenium Pro .40 S&W unit, which fits my hand very comfortably, and seems to be a very nice unit, but I have checked the internet and found that it is really inaccurate. Since this is the case, I think I am going to save some money and get either a Glock or the Springfield XD. I am leaning towards the Glock 19. However, for not much more I can get the G19 which seems to be the same except for the larger bullet capacity that comes with the G19.

The millenium pro seems awesome, and has a super dooper price at $299 at academy, but i'd like to consider other options before I make a decision to buy one.

cajun 22

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Houma, LA
    Just for kicks a guy on another forum said that a 22 or 23 round drum mag was available for the Bersa .380. I think it was either cheaper than dirt or centerfire systems not sure though. That would bring up your round count quick. And I think he said it ran pretty good. Will check on this and report back.

It was Cheaper than dirt. http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/MAG398-68052-1005.html

Last edited:

homedefenda

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2008
    Walker and Central
    ^^^^^ Damn that's wicked looking. I wonder how that affects the balance of the gun such that the gun will tend to be heavy on the rear side of its balance? I doubt it matters at all. Very neat. Thanks for posting that.

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    I have looked at the Taurus Millenium Pro .40 S&W unit, which fits my hand very comfortably, and seems to be a very nice unit, but I have checked the internet and found that it is really inaccurate. Since this is the case, I think I am going to save some money and get either a Glock or the Springfield XD. I am leaning towards the Glock 19. However, for not much more I can get the G19 which seems to be the same except for the larger bullet capacity that comes with the G19.

The millenium pro seems awesome, and has a super dooper price at $299 at academy, but i'd like to consider other options before I make a decision to buy one.

I just shot a Taurus Millenium Pro .45 ACP & a Glock g30 or 36 ( I cant remember the G#'s ). Neither was mine & both were new to me. I'd go with the Glock. Tighter group with my first group on the glock than the last group on the Taurus. While Glock is not a target gun, I think many guys are blaming the Glock for their marksmanship. Handgun accuracy is a little harder to assess because of the many factors but results are results as far as individuals are concerned. This was the first Glock or plastic glun that impressed me with the results I acheived. I also have limited experience with that category, so maybe I will be able to get better results with previous examples. I'm not pro-Glock or anti-Taurus either.
    Glock is very common also. Other issues like how easy does it strip down to clean need to be considered. Weight, concealibity and everything makes it harder to recommend a handgun.

I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish, but it is hard to have one gun do it all. I'd recommend a carry gun & a .22lr to blast away repeatedly for extended shooting. Also try competition before gearing up for it. 9mm may be a minimum caliber depending on the competition.

Where are you located?

Later,
    RDO

homedefenda

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2008
    Walker and Central
    My goal is to have a good performing unit on both a defensive standpoint and a range standpoint. I'm very typical such that I like to take my defense weapon to the range and tear up the target. I can tell you this though, I wouldn't mind trying out some competitions. They seem interesting. I'd need to watch a few before trying though. It would speed up the learning curve in my opinion.

So you have experience with Millenium Pro's? I've been told they are inaccurate, however, I didn't take this to heart. I can't say if they are really good or bad.

tmlowe

enthusiast in training
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    river ridge
    My goal is to have a good performing unit on both a defensive standpoint and a range standpoint. I'm very typical such that I like to take my defense weapon to the range and tear up the target. I can tell you this though, I wouldn't mind trying out some competitions. They seem interesting. I'd need to watch a few before trying though. It would speed up the learning curve in my opinion.

So you have experience with Millenium Pro's? I've been told they are inaccurate, however, I didn't take this to heart. I can't say if they are really good or bad.

I have one of the older models in 9mm and my cousin has a new one in 9mm. His is fine for the range, has been reliable, and can hold pretty tight groups at 7 yards. That is the distance I usually shoot at but sometimes go out a little further. I can't group as well, but I am going to chalk that one up to bad eye sight.

Where are you located? I will let you shoot mine sometime to get a feel for the recoil(the trigger one mine is heavy) but I can also drag my cousin out and let you shoot his.

homedefenda

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2008
    Walker and Central
    I think I may just take Spanky's advice and wait around to get a Glock. I have my eyes set on the Glock 21 .45acp. However, I may get the other Glock, but i'm not sure yet. I'd like to go to the gun show at lamar dixon on the 28th and see if there are any Glocks.

Are there ever any Glocks at gun shows for a good deal? What deals are typical of Glocks at gun shows? I know the deals and prices will vary, but just give me some ideas of what I can expect.

P.S.- I won't hesitate to pick up a 1911 at this gun show either depending upon how good of a deal it is.

Top Bottom