Best AR-15 Extractor???

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HiCapMag

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Baton Rouge, La
    Had a great time shooting in Poplarville today..... and I also sheered off the extractor on my AR.:wtc:

Any suggestions for a replacement???

Thanks

spec50trout

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    My lay understanding is extractors are all pretty much the same. Better a busted extractor than a broken bolt, imo. Maybe order a couple extra to keep on hand. Was chamber dirty or oily causing labored extraction? Timing issue perhaps? High round count rifle?

HiCapMag

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Baton Rouge, La
    Thanks folks.
    It seems that most parts are generic mil-spec and I was wondering if there was an AR extractor similar to Wilson Combat Bulletproof extractors for 45's .

Midway had Les Bear extractors so I got two... We shall see.

I hate it when my gun stuff breaks:wtc:

Oh, and that BCM is a way better deal.... By the way, one is apparently supposed to replace all those parts in that BCM kit every 2 to 5k rounds per John Paul.... I kinda forgot about that.

Last edited:

freedive10

-Global Mod-, Caballoloco
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Mandeville

Oh, and that BCM is a way better deal.... By the way, one is apparently supposed to replace all those parts in that BCM kit every 2 to 5k rounds per John Paul.... I kinda forgot about that.

If it breaks and you run quality stuff, it just means you run your platforms hard and get some great trigger time! Way to go!

I have run WAY WAY WAY past 5k in my AR with no parts being changed! I may have just jinxed myself for the next Viking Tactical Street Fighter Class!Guess I'll be taking a spare to switch out parts should it happen. :thumbsup:

HiCapMag

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Baton Rouge, La
    If it breaks and you run quality stuff, it just means you run your platforms hard and get some great trigger time! Way to go!

I have run WAY WAY WAY past 5k in my AR with no parts being changed! I may have just jinxed myself for the next Viking Tactical Street Fighter Class!Guess I'll be taking a spare to switch out parts should it happen. :thumbsup:

Your screwed! :D
    I think is was between 3 and 4k but not real sure.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Thanks folks.
    It seems that most parts are generic mil-spec and I was wondering if there was an AR extractor similar to Wilson Combat Bulletproof extractors for 45's .

Midway had Les Bear extractors so I got two... We shall see.

S2 is considered the best/most durable material for that application. I'm not sure who uses it. Colt milspec is fine.

Top Bottom