Best budget red dot for a 22/45

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • audioshooter

On Target. Send It.
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    I run a vortex sparc on mine. I took the rail mount and flipped it around to where it was cantilevered over the barrel. makes it much easier to pick up the dot.

JCcypress

Gun Trust Lawyer
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Looking for something as well. I was interested in an inexpensive reflex style sight like the Bushnell First Strike or something. Any input is appreciated.

Last edited:

Dishonored

Hunter
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    The bushnell trs-25
    No complaints here. Used on a 12gauge on down to my dads .17hmr. Does fine. Catch em on sale or with the cabelas bucks around $99 or below

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    I like my FastFire ll but I wish I had the lll.
    Check out some tube red dots also. I have two Millet SP2 and a Ultra dot that preform very well.

Last edited:

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I've picked up random red dot sights on amazon for 30-50.00 that have all worked fantastic. Don't fall into the hype of a name if all you need is the dot.

gwpercle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Baton Rouge, LA.
    I don't know how much of a budget we have to work with, but I have had a Millet SP-1, tube type, red dot on a Ruger Mark II for 13 years. I bought the gun and sight mounted, second hand and shot it exclusively for several years because of eye sight problems that don't allow me to use iron sights any more. I got a Tasco Pro-Point 2 mounted on a 38 special S&W revolver but didn't care for the 30 mm tube, it was bulkier than the Millet SP-1 one inch . Midway had Millet's for $60.00 last year so I bought one and removed the bulky Tasco and mounted the 1 inch Millet...much better. I would really like to have a Burris Fastfire or C-More type, they are so compact , but I just couldn't afford 300 to 400 dollars. I have no complaints with Millet, get the SP-1 with a 2 MOA dot on a 22 and it's a hoot to shoot...especially if your age or eyesight condition no longer lets you see irons clearly. The 14 year old Millet is still working fine..no problems whatsoever. I mounted the new SP-1 on the 38 special , went to the range, shot one group, made a few clicks left and had it dead center on target....easiest sight in ever.
    So if $60.00 sounds like your budget I can tell you the Millet is worth it.
    Gary

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    I know this thread is a little old but... Bushnell TRS 25 is a great red dot. Only one I've ever tried, so I have nothing to compare it to. But I love it.
    u4yje6ug.jpg

u6a7a8e5.jpg

Top Bottom