Best Burger in Livonia, LA

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    For those that travel down 190 on the way to Sherburne be sure and check out that little burger stand in Livonia. It's on the right, right after the traffic light, as you head towards Sherburne. I've driven by a few times and finally stopped this last time. Neat little place with the old fashioned burger stand look and menu. It's similar to Burger Delite in the P'ville/G'town area. If you can get tater tots and a corn dog then it's my kind of place.

Picked up a menu and scanned it. Click on the thumbnail or the PDF link for a full size version.

Best Burger Livonia Menu in PDF

Last edited:

11Bravo

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Opelousas, LA
    I pass it every day to and from work. Always was curious if it was decent or not because I never see anybody there. Thanks for the heads up.

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    we have heard it's worth the trip just for the malts and shakes. last time we were through there, we stopped at the wrong place. next time, we'll hit it.

jbadjones

Rating - 96.7%
    119   4   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Natchitoches
    Penny's I believe it's called? Very tasty burgers indeed, good club sammich too! Good courteous help the times me and the old lady have stopped in there as well!

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    I think it called good burger, but the lady that runs it name is Penny, only reason I know my ex is from that area and we ate there a few times, but it's been awhile.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    NOT even close to where you guys are talking about as I have never been to Livonia, but if anybody ever goes to Galveston, make sure you stop by the "Fountain Cafe" on The Strand. They make the best home made burger ever, and they even have an Avocado Angus Burger and the Onion rings are about the size of the burger buns.

Cant miss that if you go down that route.

PrairieCajun

Ima let dat pass dis time
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 4, 2010
    B.R.(da hood), LA
    Penny's

Penny's is a different place, the old school diner. I hear they have great burgers there as well.

EVERYTHING at Penny's is good. The breakfast items are done very well with the ingredients being extremely fresh and the cooks are great! All done way beyond my expectations and for a great price. We've driven from BR to Penny's just for breakfast and it was worth it.

I've always heard great things about Best Burger. Problem is, when I get that close to Penny's, I have to eat there. :)

11Bravo

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Opelousas, LA
    EVERYTHING at Penny's is good. The breakfast items are done very well with the ingredients being extremely fresh and the cooks are great! All done way beyond my expectations and for a great price. We've driven from BR to Penny's just for breakfast and it was worth it.

I've always heard great things about Best Burger. Problem is, when I get that close to Penny's, I have to eat there. :)

Sweet. Thanks for the heads up. Now I'm going to have to stop.

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    I love the warning "Occasionally may be closed all day on Mondays."

One of the best sausage poboys I ever had was at the place next to the Exxon station in Moreauville on La-1. Typical great Louisiana place, run down on the outside with wonderful food. Almost like the old Mike Anderson's when the men's room was open to the stars.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    joshualectric
    Top Bottom