Best concealed carry options for women?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bdot556

Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2024
    Shreveport
    Personally my wife loves her ruger ec9s its the cheapest gun we have, i did put the short action trigger in it for her and she loves it she usually carries it with the flush mag…side note out of all the guns ive had this is one of the few that eats every type of ammo flawlessly despite being the lowest price gun ive ever bought ($200)

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      514.9 KB · Views: 36

RamboMambo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2024
    Thibodaux, LA
    Sig P365.
    Seems like quite a popular option. I played with one the other day at the gun shop and wasn’t too fond of it. My carry is a P320 but we have the option to carry P365. I want to try to shoot it and see if I can grow more fond of it, as well as let my wife shoot it and see if she likes it.

RamboMambo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2024
    Thibodaux, LA
    Personally my wife loves her ruger ec9s its the cheapest gun we have, i did put the short action trigger in it for her and she loves it she usually carries it with the flush mag…side note out of all the guns ive had this is one of the few that eats every type of ammo flawlessly despite being the lowest price gun ive ever bought ($200)
    I was looking at these for my wife. I like the size of them and they look like they are pretty solid. I’m going to have her shoot it at the range and see what she thinks.

RamboMambo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2024
    Thibodaux, LA
    Bring your wife to a gun range that rents guns to shoot and let her pick what she likes. A man trying to pick a gun for his wife almost never works out the way it’s intended.
    We are going to go in a couple weeks when we are moved back home. I was just seeing what the popular opinions were.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Does she have any female friends that currently carry. Maybe they can get together, see some options and do a range day. My wife prefers the Ruger LCR 357. It’s loaded with Hornady .38 light recoil. If I use it for house carry, walking etc… it’s loaded with full power .357.

RamboMambo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2024
    Thibodaux, LA
    Does she have any female friends that currently carry. Maybe they can get together, see some options and do a range day. My wife prefers the Ruger LCR 357. It’s loaded with Hornady .38 light recoil. If I use it for house carry, walking etc… it’s loaded with full power .357.
    I don’t think any of her friends carry. But I’m certainly going to have her try out the Rugers to see how she likes them.

e30andrew

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2024
    Youngsville, LA
    I've heard the M&P Shield EZ is a great option for a lot of women. My wife hasn't carried one, but really liked how it felt in the hand and how easy the slide was to rack when we were checking it out at the shop recently. I can tell you that my wife does not like shooting my LCP lol; it is very small and concealable, but quite snappy, especially without the +1 extension. The Glock 42 also seems like another good option if you don't mind 380.

RamboMambo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2024
    Thibodaux, LA
    I've heard the M&P Shield EZ is a great option for a lot of women. My wife hasn't carried one, but really liked how it felt in the hand and how easy the slide was to rack when we were checking it out at the shop recently. I can tell you that my wife does not like shooting my LCP lol; it is very small and concealable, but quite snappy, especially without the +1 extension. The Glock 42 also seems like another good option if you don't mind 380.
    I’ll get her to check that one out as well. I’m shooting for a 9mm since ammo is cheaper and easier to find in my area. I like the 43 for her but she didn’t seem to care for it much.

RamboMambo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2024
    Thibodaux, LA
    FRC in baton rouge has 2 women instructors that would be happy to help her out. They also have lady's nights. I forgot what night it is. I'm sure it's on their facebook page or just give them a call.
    Thanks! That’s where I was planning to take her actually in a couple weeks when we get home. Seems like one of the better ranges in south LA.

Toddkay

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2023
    New Orleans
    The S&W Equalizer is another great choice. It has the same EZ rack technology as the Shield EZ. But what makes it even better to me is the barrel on the Equalizer is a half inch longer than the Shield. Helps with reducing recoil and making it more accurate. But iT still conceals completely and comfortably.

Cbt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2022
    Baton Rouge
    I've had instruction from two of the FRC ladies: Rin and Ms. Chin. Both are good, but different demeanors & styles, so find which is best For Your Wife and let them work through this process with her. You will BOTH be happier that way.

I have UNsuccessfully picked 3 guns for my wife ... now just waiting for her to recover from some med issues to go to FRC and do exactly what I suggested above. grin.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bruce robison
    Top Bottom