Best Leather belts for CC

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DuckYou

Angry Wiener
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I am going to get a couple of new leather belts, one brown and one black, for work and for CC.

I have ordered a crossbreed supertuck deluxe, and I plan on getting some leather tuckable belt loops for it in brown and black.

Thanks!

King of D Open
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Vieux Carre
    I have Crossbreeds (Black and Brown) and wear them every day. They're great.

You can get them Velcro lined and use the inside the belt Velcro tabs on the holster.

Hardballing

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    Don't have any "brand name" gun belts (other than old uniform belts) but you can find VERY nice gunbelts at almost any leather store, craft fair, or at lots of shops from Wal Mart on up.

Things to look for are thickness/stiffness of the leather, stitching, and width. Skinny belts suck for this purpose. Wide solid (not laminated) leather works like a charm and doesn't scream "gun".

Am aware that lots of folks go the brand name maker route, but I'll bet you my way is cheaper and works just as well or better. I have them in brown, black, basketweave, carved, different buckles, etc. and have never paid more than approximately $30.00 for a belt.

Just sayin is all. Hope this helps.

As an aside, check out the brand name makers and note what weight of leather they are using, or the materials itself (steer, cowhide, horsehide, etc.) then search the sources I mentioned. Bet you'll find close to the same thing...for a LOT less.

onelochevy

XD 45
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Slidell
    I have a black Comptac belt that I absolutely love. Also have a brown 5.11 leather belt that I found on sale for 4 bucks a while back. It works well, but nothing like the comptac.

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    My 5.11 belt turned out to be pure garbage. It's leather stitched onto plastic. The edge of the belt, which is plastic, is painted brown and has peeled off. So the edges of my brown "leather" belt are now white!:mad: Bought a Wilderness web belt for casual and will probably get a leather one made.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    My 5.11 belt turned out to be pure garbage. It's leather stitched onto plastic. The edge of the belt, which is plastic, is painted brown and has peeled off. So the edges of my brown "leather" belt are now white!:mad: Bought a Wilderness web belt for casual and will probably get a leather one made.

That's strange...I've owned three 5.11 belts (2 black, 1 brown) and have never had that happen. Did you contact 5.11 and see if they'll replace it?

And it's not plastic on the edge, only the middle is reinforced with plastic. :dunno:

Det.Blair

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Plaquemine, La.
    I do not know if Rafters is still in business. I have read some bad complaints from people never receiving their orders. I bought a holster rig probaly about 3-4 years ago no problem. I heard good things about their belts but too many complaints about service.

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    I have one beltman belt and may order another soon.

I sent mine in twice to be shortened with great turnaround.

Of course, life kicked my ass and now it doesn't fit. :hs:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bharden68
    Top Bottom