Best Leather belts for CC

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    That's strange...I've owned three 5.11 belts (2 black, 1 brown) and have never had that happen. Did you contact 5.11 and see if they'll replace it?

And it's not plastic on the edge, only the middle is reinforced with plastic. :dunno:

Maybe you have an older belt? Mine is definitely a piece of 1.5" wide plastic with a thin layer of leather stitched onto it and the edges of the white plastic were painted brown to match. I never called because I didn't want to replace one POS belt with another POS made the same way.:hs: A shame since it is a sturdy belt. I'll have to snap a pic to show what I'm talking about. FWIW, I know a dealer who has gotten rid of ALL his 5.11 stuff and won't carry it anymore. He said the gear quality turned to **** almost overnight. :dunno:

<edit>
    Not my pic, but mine is doing this along the whole length.

Belts1.jpg

Last edited:

DuckYou

Angry Wiener
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I ordered a Crossbreed holster and a G36. When they come in, I will probably order a belt from beltman. I will also check around town to see if I can find some nice sturdy leather belts.

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    I'm tempted to get some leather and kydex strips and put the local Boy Scout troop to work making some belts for their merit badges! ;):rofl:

HiCapMag

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Baton Rouge, La
    I do not know if Rafters is still in business. I have read some bad complaints from people never receiving their orders. I bought a holster rig probaly about 3-4 years ago no problem. I heard good things about their belts but too many complaints about service.

Det. Blair, thanks for the heads up...I did a little Googling and lots of pissed off folks out there. I deleted my recommendation of Rafters above based on the very large number of complaints I found. Guess I have to look at Beltman at TWICE the price for the shark :puke:

Top Bottom