Beware of firearm retail spoof sites!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA

jimdanos

Silver Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2013
    Lafourche Parish
    That site looks like the one that Master Card paid and immediate stopped the transaction and did a refund on my account.
    I called my LGS, told him what I was looking for and he got it in 3 days.

SouthernUnderGod

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2016
    Baton Rouge, LA
    There’s stuff in the “About Us” that makes you think it’s the Potterfield family from MidwayUSA. I wonder if MidwayUSA knows about this.

The physical location listed is actually a Nebraska gun store, but a different area code. I wonder if Nebraska Gun knows about this.

The name used all over the site is USA Gun Store but the name at the bottom is USA GunS Store. The site claims that they are the “largest gun supplier in the nation“.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fugum

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Metairie
    .store domains are registered out of India, pretty sure no one is actually gonna get a gun purchased from these scammers.

Edit to add this site was just created on June 13th 2021

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

JB-Glock21

Old School
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Denham Springs
    Yes, good thing to be alert to recognize these scammers.

I recently received an inquiry (listing on craigslist) stating he wanted to buy and wanted to send me a "code # to validate my authenticity. My response was to call him out as a "scammer" He responded with a brag "6 years of experience scandalizing your people"

I followed with "Yea, but not this one!!" That ended it.

BEWARE - The code scam is to allow them access to your account info.

paddle007

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Covington

I recently received an inquiry (listing on craigslist) stating he wanted to buy and wanted to send me a "code # to validate my authenticity. My response was to call him out as a "scammer" He responded with a brag "6 years of experience scandalizing your people"

The same thing happened to me. I could never get a straight answer for why they needed to verify me.
    One glance at the text they sent me would terrify 99% of our population.

iomg8

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 12, 2020
    lafayette, la

happened to a friend last night, got her google account taken, took a few hours to get it fixed.

moe24

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    .store domains are registered out of India, pretty sure no one is actually gonna get a gun purchased from these scammers.

Edit to add this site was just created on June 13th 2021

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    websites like this targets Alot of new gun owners who don't know better..

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

JB-Glock21

Old School
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Denham Springs
    https://www.usatopgun.store/product/mossberg-510-50362-mini-super-bantam-muddy-girl-serenity/

This website is a fake. Someone on Louisiana Sportsman pointed this out today. The dead giveaway is a text mail number. Those text only numbers are used in scams. A genuine retailer would use a real phone number that accepts calls. It is sad that there are spoof sites that are only there to steal money.

JUST FOR FUN, visited the site, opened a chat session. The chat transcript follows.

Hello, If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to get in touch.

Me: Nice looking web site.

Don Currie joined the chat 14:53
    Are you looking to purchase something?

Would lead buyers to think you were for real. However word has it you are nothing but a SCAM site. What say you?

Be careful with words
    Why say it’s a scam site
    Have you been scam here before ?

From the web forums: This website is a fake. Someone pointed this out today. The dead giveaway is a text mail number. Those text only numbers are used in scams. A genuine retailer would use a real phone number that accepts calls. It is sad that there are spoof sites that are only there to steal money.

What say you?

This site uses a google voice number (??)
    Learn about it
    It has been verified with a real usa number (??)
    This is a genuine business and reviews can be seen in our site

Interesting reply! Reviews can not be validated. Sites all use fake "Reviews" promote their products.

You can visit our store location

What is your location with contact phone #s

Please check on our website
    About us
    It provides our store location and all relevant information

Your evasive response is suspicious!

Just to saves time that’s why
    What where you looking to purchase anyway ?

Nothing, just checking you out. Thanks for the chat.

Alright
    Thank you for visiting our website. Have a nice day!

What do y'all think?

They are currently posted on LA Sportsman as:MOSSBERG 510 50362 MINI SUPER BANTAM MUDDY GIRL SERENITY - $639

Don't see a "Scam Alert for them. (??)

Last edited:

jkingrph

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2007
    Yes and there are several airgun scam sites. I almost got taken by one, that uses the address of a legit brick and mortar site in either Amarillo or Wichita Falls, TX. They are slick but one thing to watch, if the price is too good to be true it is. I saw some fountain pen sites that were selling counterfeit pens a few years ago, Montblac pens for around $150 when that model normally goes for about $950.

Core

Salt
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Maine
    The Chinese have been creating fake retail sites and selling any number of fake goods. Some are forgeries, others just take your money and never ship anything. They typically use PayPal. Additionally many of these sites sell tactical gear like ballistic helmets etc. Some sell tech forgeries. Paypal seems to be the common denominator.

hunter5567

Monolithic Mentor
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Oct 9, 2006
    Denham Springs, LA. near B.R.
    Another dead giveaway is that only accept cashapp, zelle, bitcoin for payment. When you add to the cart, there is no provision to select your FFL to receive shipment. If you can use a visa card, you can dispute the payment within 60 days. You would think you would be able to sic the BATF on them, but no actual gun is available for purchase and no payment through the mail to get them on mail fraud.
    That super duper overpriced Mossberg shotgun didn't get a fraud alert because if you paid that much for Mossberg Bantam weight shotgun, you deserved to get scammed,

Last edited:
    Top Bottom