bicycling

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Conceyted

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Metairie, LA
    I bought a Cannondale R300 road bike way back when and tricked it out with the clipless pedals, Profile Aero-bars, etc. My intention was to train and ride it in the yearly MS Tour for a Cure from NOLA to Percy Quinn and back. But alas, it now sits under several feet of dust in the garage.:( I really should start riding again, NO better exercise!

Bumping this thread a bit while also putting out an idea.

I ride almost daily. Felt F75.

We should consider forming a BayouShooter team for the MS Tour, provided we can get at least 4-6 people interested for next year. Do any of you think you'd be interested in it? It could also end up where we could put on a monthly BS group ride or something. Worth a shot...

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    I love to go mountain biking. I am currently on a Specialized Rock Hopper comp. I am loving it and I have managed to get my wife involved and she is riding a Specialized Myka HT Pro comp.

Last edited:

Conceyted

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Metairie, LA

rooster

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 11, 2009
    Lake Charles, LA
    I rode a tone 1 summer. All on a trek 1500. Man that bike went through some stuff! Now it just sits in the closet like some old worn down dog. Every time I look at it I feel guilty for not riding it more. I still talk to it now and again.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    I have several screws and a couple plates in my ankle from a bad break three years ago. I thought with a little training, I could overcome this and start jogging baby marathons. Not as a contender but as a participant. Just to do it ya know? My ankle held up for about a month and last week it crapped out. So I've been studying the bicycle groups around Louisiana. There are a few trails I'm very eager to explore.

I'm seriously interested. I want a long distance sport.

sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    They just did the MS Tour (they call it Bike MS now) about two weeks ago. So, if people wanted to do that it wouldn't be for another year. Look at it this way, it gives you time to train! Anyway, more information about the ride is here: http://bikelam.nationalmssociety.org/site/PageServer?pagename=BIKE_LAM_Details

It is 150 miles total split into two days.
    I'm one of the ham radio volunteers who supports this event each year. IT's a great tour and I look forward to seeing a Bayou Shooter team in it next year.

iamdat

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 26, 2010
    baton rouge
    if you guys are serious about this, im totally up for it. i ride almost daily as well. i wouldnt mind training partners. im in the lsu area daily.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I recently dug my bike out the shed. It was brand new when Katrina hit. I salvaged it and am trying to get it running again. I got the cables moving again finally. The deraillers need some adjustment still, but its up to rideable at least.

bearfutedninja

coming soon
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    lafayette
    i copied this off one of my other posts pretty much explains it all

we had four guys riding bikes. we stopped in between two buildings one guy hopped onto a ledge and did a 180 off of it. university policeman came and asked him for id and he took off on his bike the policeman never asked him to stop so he kept going. but me and two other guys were sitting down resting so he came up and then starting questioning us. he seemed ok. then three other university police came and starting being assholes. they ran the numbers on our bikes, checked us for warrants. and one of them said that he was going to cite us with misdemeanors for criminal mischief and ban us from campus. first they had no signs posted that no bicycles were allowed. the three of us were just sitting down. the first university cop gave a description of the guy that fled which was totally wrong. he said he was wearing a plaid shirt and a backwards had. but he was really wearing a black tshirt with a beanie on. not once did they ask if we had any drugs or weapons nor did they search us. i stood with my hands in my jacket pockets the hole time until the last cop that was writing the tickets came up he instructed me to get my hands out of my pockets. im glad i wasnt carrying i usually carry but we thought we might ride to campus or go to a bar after so i decided to leave my gun at home.

Spent Brass

Keeping South BR Classy
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    baton rouge
    I ride fairly often along river road. If you see me (skinny bearded guy in red jersey on silver bike) honk and wave! I ride a windsor frame with full ultegra 6600 groupo and when its time to get muddy I have a Trek 4900 hardtail with XLR kit. Im down to ride anytime the weathers nice. PM to Iamdat.

iamdat

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 26, 2010
    baton rouge
    sweet. got the pm. i broke one of the shifters this week somehow so im riding the 20" bike for now. ordered a new shifter and hopeuflly itll be in tommorow so i can ride the roadie this weekend.

Duck Jenkins

Lone Wolf
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    NO/LA Area
    i got banned from ul campus about two weeks ago for sitting on my bike and got a criminal mischief ticket

:confused: What was the real deal? Can security guards really write tickets. ( Nevermind, I should have read all the post first)

Back to the OP, I ride a Kona road bike. I have not rode in several months. The last good ride I had was with a friend who lives around BR. We went to some place out by Troop A call Gator Bayou. Nice ride. It took us out to the river road and back.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spydy
    Top Bottom