bicycling

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • J

jayd

Look 566 Carbon thats needs to be ridden now that it has warmed up!

chad

Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Just bought a Specialized Allez Elite, starting to train with it. Certainly makes the nice 20 mile weekend rides much more pleasurable then $75 Target mountain bikes!

Renegade

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 1, 2010
    Red Stick
    Have a WalMart special mountain bike... Murray I think. Serves me well and I do a lot of riding on trails at Hooper Road Park & the Comite Bike Trails in BR, and I like to ride at State Parks.

dtd80

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Abbeville, Louisiana
    Picked up a big box store bike to test out if I will love riding or not. Well, I'm hooked and after riding my cousin's giant, I'm returning mine soon and ordering either a Fuji/specialized. Talk about a world of difference in comfort and performance! Hopefully, I'll gain enough confidence to tackle a trail this summer. Getting my gear together before I attempt it!

chad

Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Have a WalMart special mountain bike... Murray I think. Serves me well and I do a lot of riding on trails at Hooper Road Park & the Comite Bike Trails in BR, and I like to ride at State Parks.

How is Comite? I've been wanting to try there, but have a 8 year old $75 Target mountain bike. Would this suffice or is it more intense?

Moondew

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    BR
    How is Comite? I've been wanting to try there, but have a 8 year old $75 Target mountain bike. Would this suffice or is it more intense?

Can be done, just done expect too much from the bike. Make sure the tires are up to snuff and the gears at least try to function.

Renegade

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 1, 2010
    Red Stick

Like Moondew says. The trails aren't too bad, but they are kinda long and you wouldn't want to get stranded out there. Oh yeah, bring lots of bug spray, and a pistol for the cottonmouths wouldn't hurt. Those trails are my favorite in the area, but they're also the toughest in the area. If you have 8-year-old tubes on that thing, I'd get a couple of replacements and throw them in your backpack with a screwdriver and a hand-pump (or just install them before you leave). If you haven't tried the Hooper Rd. Park trails, practice on those before doing Comite.

dtd80

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Abbeville, Louisiana
    Just got to ride my rockhopper tonight! Talk about a major upgrade! Gearing up for comite in a few weeks. I have read someone suggesting bringing a pistol. Is it allowed? Just want to make sure before we go because my uncle also wants to carry.

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    No guns are allowed in any of BREC parks. I ride out there a good bit. I have a Trek Police Edition Hardtail mountain bike, and a Cannondale Full-Suspension Police Edition. I ride on and off duty.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spydy
    Top Bottom