Biden Army charges Afghan Vet for equipment left behind

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Abby Normal

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Metry
    Don’t know if y’all seen this one but right before Thanksgiving this popped up. The video in the story says it all. If you hated what biden has done to the military so far this will fire you up even more.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I remember our supply sergeant misplaced some hand receipts and we were coming up on some audit so they told everyone they would need to sign another one. Nope. Not me. Not happening. I wouldn't sign a duplicate hand receipt for any item unless the item had a serial number. You can have 7 hand receipts showing I have a serialized item and all 7 refer to the same physical item. If I have a receipt dated after the last hand receipt showing I turned in the serialized item, my receipt cancels out all of the previous hand receipts. But if I sign a duplicate hand receipt for a sleeping bag then you find the original, you now have 2 hand receipts showing I was issued a total of 2 sleeping bags. And they were serious about collecting for missing items.

vr1967

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    Liberty, MS
    What did he do for annual inspection for the last 2 years, where everything had to be accounted for? Or has that much changed since I got out 30 plus years ago?

cbbr

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Never in the military, so bear that in mind. Also not a Biden fan... Is this the "Biden" military, or is this really a problem that could exist regardless of who is president?

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    In the army, you get to bootcamp and they give you gear. More like loan you gear. Everything is recorded and you sign for it. When you are done, you turn it in and they give you a receipt that it was turned in. The soldier has to pay for any outstanding items. When you go to a new unit, they issue you new stuff with a new hand receipt. Every so often, your gear was inventoried. That may be once a year. You may be charged for the deficiencies or you may be given time to "locate" the missing items. The only time it was mandated you be charged is when you returned your gear and some of it was missing.

So in this case, the guy could have had multiple inventories without being charged. But now that he's separating from the army, he is being charged.

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    In my limited experience this isn't a Biden Army problem. This is the Army being Army. You get issued gear, **** happens during training, your superior says "don't worry I'll take care of it". You get back home, return your gear and the inventory is off. The soldier in charge notates this and now you get a notice that you have to pay. Your superior that knew about it will need to take care of it, might not have the pull to get it done and has to work up the chain of command till it gets taken care of.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    In my limited experience this isn't a Biden Army problem. This is the Army being Army. You get issued gear, **** happens during training, your superior says "don't worry I'll take care of it". You get back home, return your gear and the inventory is off. The soldier in charge notates this and now you get a notice that you have to pay. Your superior that knew about it will need to take care of it, might not have the pull to get it done and has to work up the chain of command till it gets taken care of.

I believe the afghanistan retreat isn't the normal "i lost my gear during a ftx" situation. And that was a biden created problem.

drill sgt

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2019
    denham springs ,la
    When I was out processsing the Army to become a civilian again the supply sgt FLATLY refused to let me turn in some excess TA_50 field gear (arctic cold weather related) because it would throw his inventory control count out of bounds.. When asked what he expected me to do with it was he did not care and not his problem... He said throw in trash dumpster / burn it / give it away or keep it because he would not take it back because it would throw his inventory count off. ........... drill sgt.

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    I believe the afghanistan retreat isn't the normal "i lost my gear during a ftx" situation. And that was a biden created problem.
    I never said it was a normal ftx situation. He was told by his superiors to leave it and it will be taken care of. Lost gear is lost gear and it gets handled the same way. It's missing, then you have to pay. Have a reason why...then move up the chain of command to get it fixed.

Point is, there isn't some sort of push from the govt to force soldiers to pay of lost equipment due to Afghanistan.

Last edited:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I never said it was a normal ftx situation. He was told by his superiors to leave it and it will be taken care of. Lost gear is lost gear and it gets handled the same way. It's missing, then you have to pay. Have a reason why...then move up the chain of command to get it fixed.

Point is, there isn't some sort of push from the govt to force soldiers to pay of lost equipment due to Afghanistan.

According to the guy, he's being pushed to pay for lost equipment.

And no, it doesn't get handled the same way. Or at least it shouldn't. In this case, the equipment wasn't lost. It wasn't missing. The planners did not allow for the equipment to be transported. That's a completely different scenario than someone locing an e-tool in the field. A combat loss and a training loss are not the same and don't get treated the same. At lease not in my old unit.

Abby Normal

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Metry
    So the Abrams, Bradleys & Blackhawks that were left behind are Ok but personal equipment you are ordered to leave, we are taking that out of your A$$? Even if that was a normal withdrawal if you are ordered to leave it you should not be responsible to turn it in.
    In this case I agree with George Carlin, Military Intelligence is an Oxymoron.

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    When I was out processsing the Army to become a civilian again the supply sgt FLATLY refused to let me turn in some excess TA_50 field gear (arctic cold weather related) because it would throw his inventory control count out of bounds.. When asked what he expected me to do with it was he did not care and not his problem... He said throw in trash dumpster / burn it / give it away or keep it because he would not take it back because it would throw his inventory count off. ........... drill sgt.
    I was running the field ASP at CAX one summer, and some guys came back with a crate of 60mm mortar rounds that they came across out in the field. We had no 60s in our unit, no 60mm in the ASP, but they dropped it off, with a SNCO telling them to, and Cpl. Me asking "WTF am I gonna do with that, the ASP is gonna **** a brick?" Not the SNCOs problem, and yes, the BB stackers at the ASP cussed us up a storm. You'd have thought I brought them an infectious alien carcass when we showed up with that crate, they wanted us to take it out and just shoot it. "We don't have 60s, we can't shoot it." "Why the hell did they pick it up, then?"

Top Bottom