Biden considering trying to BAN weapons by EO

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Y’all please do us all a favor and don’t keep guns in your vehicle Especially with that big Glock or sig sticker identifying your vehicle as a place one may find guns.

If you don’t like the person you meet to sell a gun tell them you changed your mind and are going to just keep it.

Some places in this state we call those big stickers ''Bait ''

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    It was oppression by a government who needed a scapegoat. The Nazis also killed millions who were armed as good as anyone.

The problem with using this argument is that it's a lie. The lie taints the message and it loses its effectiveness.

I'm not saying that we shouldn't have arms, only that the Nazi Germany gun law argument doesn't hold water and shouldn't be used.

There are better arguments.
    Again, I’ve read much on both sides of the argument. Lot of speculation. Also, it’s not exactly a new argument. There are references that go back to 1940. Regardless, it makes perfect sense. If it gets people’s attention and it appears to be a 50/50 proposition, it’s a worthy argument. I know the plan is to disarm the population. I know the best place to start is registration. I’m pretty sure that’s part of the plan as well and looks like things are moving right along. I’m sticking with the Hitler thing. You do you.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.na...azis-used-gun-control-stephen-p-halbrook/amp/

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    https://www.politifact.com/factchec...-control-regulation-nazi-germany-did-not-hel/

Even this one that attempts to disprove the nazi’s using the list to take guns admits that the nazi’s used the list to take guns from certain people. Now, Hitler wasn’t in power in 1920 when the registration was passed, he simply used the list to round up guns from those he considered the enemy. You say that’s a lie, I see too many references to the contrary. He also enacted gun laws in 1938 that did indeed forbid Jews from owning guns, regardless of how they may have improved gun rights for the population, as you’ve cited. It appears it would have been only for a certain part of the population.

Last edited:

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    https://www.politifact.com/factchec...-control-regulation-nazi-germany-did-not-hel/

Even this one that attempts to disprove the nazi’s using the list to take guns admits that the nazi’s used the list to take guns from certain people. Now, Hitler wasn’t in power in 1920 when the registration was passed, he simply used the list to round up guns from those he considered the enemy. You say that’s a lie, I see too many references to the contrary. He also enacted gun laws in 1938 that did indeed forbid Jews from owning guns, regardless of how they may have improved gun rights for the population, as you’ve cited. It appears it would have been only for a certain part of the population.

I agree that Hitler used every tool to round up an oppress and kill Jewish people. A registry would be one tool.

Again I think Hitler is an over used and misleading example.

The British suppressing arms in the colonies is a better example.

Mexicans lacking arms for defense against the cartels (right across the boarder) is a good example.

What was going on with the Nazis was a little different..... that being said. The Nazis are an example of tyrany that shows why gun control is bad..... I just don't think that Hitler was doing the same thing.

Top Bottom