Biking & Camping

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stormrider54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Dutchtown
    As spring and summer approaches I am wondering if anyone plans to do any camping along with motorcycling? If so, post so that all of us planning to do that may get together and discuss.

I know that I belong to a group network of campgrounds with camp sights in
    Texas, Arkansas, Alabama and Georgia. These are all private and do not take well to loud and rowdy behavior. They all have "quiet" times posted.

With the price of gas I thought I would forget the travel trailer and bike it!

I have contacted the owner of the campsites about which allow tents and have primative camping but be aware that all of these places have rental cabins. I prefer to do it CHEAP and stay in tents, however splitting the cost of a cabin is an option. I should hear back from them in the next day or two.

Bottom line: I love camping and Motorcycle riding, why not combine the two?

Last edited:

stormrider54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Dutchtown
    I heard back from the owner of the "camping resorts" and they said tent camping is fine just be sure and make your reservation as they tend to start filling up over the summer.

I can vouch for the one in Abita Springs(very nice) and have also stayed at one in Arkansas. (very nice also)

I have my tent and sleeping bag ready, let me know if you might want to go to any of their campsites.

http://oceancanyon.com/index.php/res005
    Click "our resorts" at top of page to find out more. I'm thinking of going to these, let me know if you want to go. I plan to go midweek and return on Fridays. Your first 2 nights are free. See Page.

king4456

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Prairieville
    image071ks.jpg

pack light with the right gear and you will have a blast.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gordoloco
    Top Bottom