Bill Cassidy

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    I think his argument was the Trump attorneys did a poor job of proving the impeachment was unconstitutional. I watched it and can say that I agree, the attorneys were horrible. If they don’t step up their game then more might vote against Trump. I am understanding this is a trial, and like most trials you have to hear the evidence before you make the decision. Both sides get a chance to present a case and it seems from my personal view and Trump himself, the Democrats won the presentation. Now do I agree, I will show that when I pull the leaver next election.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That's my assessment as well.

Cassidy is not stupid . He knows the trial is a sham and the fix is in . He's lending credibility to it by playing their game .

There's also another way to look at it. Cassidy could be looking at it knowing that the Dems will push for the senate trial no matter what - and deciding to set himself up as the "reasonable" Republican that they can go to in a search for a middle way. He probably knows that the results of the impeachment trial will have no real effect on things.

In other words, it might be a play to set himself up as a dealmaker in the future.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I think his argument was the Trump attorneys did a poor job of proving the impeachment was unconstitutional. /QUOTE]

My point is the constitutional and legal definitions of what qualifies for impeachment should not be subjective or based on how the argument makes you feel. That seems to not be true to some ppl.

That is what his lawyers were supposed to lay out yesterday. They did a horrible job of showing that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Not knowing all the details of what transpired, I have to think that this vote had nothing to do directly with Trump, but can a former President be tried. It sets the precedent for the future. The vote that will truly show Cassidy's colors is the vote to convict. The Shame Stream media wants everyone to believe that this vote was about Trump, when it wasn't.

Yeah. When Trump's attorneys presented their argument, they did a poor job of explaining why it was unconstitutional. That was Cassidy's explanation. Most people are just jumping on the "Orange Man good, Cassidy bad" bandwagon without digging into it at all.

I only saw part of it, and it was bad.... really bad.

I don't know how they got the job..... might be from listening to the same people that lost the election.

Of course, Trump not paying Giuliani might have had consequences on who would show up for him.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    That might be a valid argument if the proceedings were fair and legitimate in the first place . The whole thing is a witch hunt with no chance of any outcome other than GUILTY . He is NOT a sitting President and this so called trial is a farce and a travesty .

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    From a non-biased, look at the facts viewpoint:

Actually, Trump did have a rally where he spun up his supporters. I think a world leader should be smart enough to understand words have influence.

You might not storm the capitol, but there are a bunch of morons out there.

The WSJ had a video showing Proud Boys actually present and pushing for it. That alone may take the blame off Trump.

That being said,
    I think that this all is a waste of time. I'd be surprised if they got the votes.

davidd

Expert in the field of wife avoidance
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    When the chief justice of the Supreme Court (no fan of Trump), who is the only person in the Constitution authorized to proceed over an impeachment, refuses to participate... Well, that should tell you something.

The Supreme Court refused to get involved in the election. The Supreme Court refused to get involved in the impeachment. Two correct calls, in my opinion. And enough evidence for me that this need go no further.

Cassidy should learn to read the room. He had cover from Roberts and a state that is very pro-Trump. Any decent politician should understand those "politics."

Abby Normal

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Metry
    And who would have thunk it, just a few months ago, Cassidy was running ads with Trump saying When I need medical information, I ask Bill Cassidy.
    Can you say knife in the back.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Not to stir the pot or anything, but what if your vote really isn’t worth much in five years? The way the rule of law is being deconstructed by these people who can guarantee there will even be elections by then? There... I said it. There goes MY job instead I guess.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I agree.

The whole impeachment scam they’re pulling is unconstitutional. Just like the changes in voting/ballot counting rules that took place in certain states pre election. Trump’s attorneys might suck at arguing his case, but since when should you have to prove what is and is not constitutional. It’s like suddenly these people in power don’t know the constitution, which has been around for people to study as long as they’ve been alive. It’s all a farce. Whatever it takes to keep Trump from running again. He cost them too much money and disrupted the system that has been lining pockets and selling our country down the river for years. There’s not another person alive who will ever do what Trump tried to do for this country. I’m amazed that many conservatives and people that call themselves patriots do not see that he was the president that tried to put America first.

Redd508

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 18, 2012
    Lafayette
    From a non-biased, look at the facts viewpoint:

Actually, Trump did have a rally where he spun up his supporters. I think a world leader should be smart enough to understand words have influence.

You might not storm the capitol, but there are a bunch of morons out there.

The WSJ had a video showing Proud Boys actually present and pushing for it. That alone may take the blame off Trump.

That being said,
    I think that this all is a waste of time. I'd be surprised if they got the votes.

I guess it all depends on which facts we're looking at. As I understand it, the excitement of the day happened before the speech was over. Those actually listening to Trump didnt have time to walk over and break in to the building. Also, many news outlets are reporting that the FBI warned that they were monitoring a group that was a plausible threat for a week prior to the speech. Pelosi refused additional security. Couple that with vids of capotal police unlocking gates to let "rioters" into the building and the facts say this is all Bravo Sierra. We should not be discussing the the constitutionality. We should be talking about false allegations based on lies.....again.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    I guess it all depends on which facts we're looking at. As I understand it, the excitement of the day happened before the speech was over. Those actually listening to Trump didnt have time to walk over and break in to the building. Also, many news outlets are reporting that the FBI warned that they were monitoring a group that was a plausible threat for a week prior to the speech. Pelosi refused additional security. Couple that with vids of capotal police unlocking gates to let "rioters" into the building and the facts say this is all Bravo Sierra. We should not be discussing the the constitutionality. We should be talking about false allegations based on lies.....again.

Cassiday's a big dud, Probably bought and paid for or.....They probably have something on him like side Vag gah Drs. are such horney _astards

You should run against him or start a recall, I'd sign it !

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado

Got a source for the time line?

I read he started before noon and the speech was about 1.5 hours..... the capitol happened around 2pm.

Redd508

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 18, 2012
    Lafayette
    Where is YOUR source ?

I don't have 1 source. There are dozens of Tweets and videos time stamped at 1pm showing the mess starting at 1pm outside the capital building. Trumps speech ended at 1:12 pm local time. Look at the map and tell me how far the crowd had to walk to get from the speech to the doors of the building. Its not across the street. And every cell phone you see isnt broadcasting the speech to incite the crowd, they're all recording or livestreaming. But the official timeline is that it happened at 2pm. And we all know msm and our politicians can be trusted to tell us the truth. Many posts and vids have been taken down for violating "community standards" but i've found several this morning that still show events that dont support the official press release.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    I don't have 1 source. There are dozens of Tweets and videos time stamped at 1pm showing the mess starting at 1pm outside the capital building. Trumps speech ended at 1:12 pm local time. Look at the map and tell me how far the crowd had to walk to get from the speech to the doors of the building. Its not across the street. And every cell phone you see isnt broadcasting the speech to incite the crowd, they're all recording or livestreaming. But the official timeline is that it happened at 2pm. And we all know msm and our politicians can be trusted to tell us the truth. Many posts and vids have been taken down for violating "community standards" but i've found several this morning that still show events that dont support the official press release.

Yeah, there is a good deal of obfuscation..... and I think in general, most of the issues with media is pure mediocrity..... they don't bother to get the details right.... sometimes it matters.

It's about a 1.7 mile walk from the Whitehouse to the capitol..... per Google Maps.

Dantheman, I wasn't challenging Redd508. I asked because I didn't see what he was seeing when I looked. We are having a discussion about it.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Do yall reckon this lil impeachment might just be smoke and mirrors of other things going on and not being reported like say as an example...

Investigation into Bi-den family income and wealth? Which we know nothing will be done about that either.

The DC Swamp is so polluted that nothing up there will survive

Redd508

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 18, 2012
    Lafayette
    Do yall reckon this lil impeachment might just be smoke and mirrors of other things going on and not being reported like say as an example...

Investigation into Bi-den family income and wealth? Which we know nothing will be done about that either.

The DC Swamp is so polluted that nothing up there will survive

And more executive orders. It seems like a mad dash to import a new voter base.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Don't waste your times on Cassidy. If there was an up and down vote on the Constitutionality of whether the trial "can" proceed or not, then perhaps he followed the law. Maybe not. I guarantee he does NOT vote to convict.

If it was a vote on whether it "should" proceed or not, that is totally different. If any of you have ANY faith whatsoever in ANY of those retards up there, you'd better check to see if you are on the spectrum as well!

These morons are operating in complicity and with complete immunity from scrutiny by the media. Grease up your metaphoric a$$holes, cause we (as a country), are going to get it metaphorically balls deep!

Redd508

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 18, 2012
    Lafayette
    These morons are operating in complicity and with complete immunity from scrutiny by the media. Grease up your metaphoric a$$holes, cause we (as a country), are going to get it metaphorically balls deep!

Interesting choice of words. Have you seen the proposed new covid testing procedure? Its not very metaphorical. :eh:

Top Bottom