Binary triggers

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SwampyDog

certified gun nut
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 3, 2012
    Killian
    Alright y'all I've got the itch to buy something I don't need and I've decided a binary trigger for one of my ARs seems like a good way to waste money. One issue though, I know next to nothing about em. So who's got what, which one do you like the most and more importantly, which ones hold up the best to heavy use by a redneck with zero regard for noise pollution?

Last edited:

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Alright y'all I've got the itch to buy something I don't need and I've decided a binary trigger for one of my ARs seems like a good way to waste money. One issue though, I know next to nothing about em. So who's got what, which one do you like the most and more importantly, which ones hold up the best to heavy use by a redneck with zero regard for noise pollution?
    Get a FRT forced reset trigger. They are 100% legal now after the AFT tried to ban them. I don’t have any personal experience with binary or FRT’s but from everything I see doing the research myself the FRT is the way to go.

Renz7

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2024
    Phoenix, AZ
    +1 on what Jstudz220 said. FRT triggers are probably the least gimmicky of the "multi-functioning" triggers that potentially have some practical use on something like a belt fed.

twinin

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    The Franklin Armory Binary Triggers have always worked well for me. I like how if you hold the pull and then decide you don't want to fire on the release, you can hold it, switch the safety, and let go without firing on the release. Not sure if they are all like that.

The con is that I've never shot one that is much better than a mil-spec trigger pull. Guess it's really not that important in these cases though.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    269   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    Binary just seems like a bad idea. All of the training to shoot to reset and end up have a nd when you release the trigger during a transition or something like that.

FRT makes more sense... My money is on the Hoffman Super Safety.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    167   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Get a FRT forced reset trigger. They are 100% legal now after the AFT tried to ban them. I don’t have any personal experience with binary or FRT’s but from everything I see doing the research myself the FRT is the way to go.
    Spiteful as the ATF is, one has only to wait a while until there’s a knock at the door, some agents who want to intimidate you over something they’ll later decide to outlaw. I say go FRT all the way!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bree
    Top Bottom