Black powder at ranges?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • #1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    OK, so this is around Stennis. Is it a legitimate shooting range? Is it legal to shoot / be there? :confused:

Jim
    Jim I have been shooting there every other sunday for several months.Had many ppl including police and sheriffs say it was ok to shoot there.I wont be there this sunday but I will be the sunday after next.

Smoothbore

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2008
    New Orleans
    Jim I have been shooting there every other sunday for several months.Had many ppl including police and sheriffs say it was ok to shoot there.I wont be there this sunday but I will be the sunday after next.

OK, I'll have to stop by. I just don't want to find myself in a situation where "for starters, the penalty is confiscation of your gun(s). Then,...." :wtc:

Jim

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Shooting by yourself at an unorganized shooting area can be uncomfortable. For best results bring someone with you or meet one of us out there.
    When shooting by myself in an undeveloped area I always keep one loaded firearm on me at all times. I've had strangers show up and take an overzealous interest in my guns(one guy in particular, he was a banjo short of being a Deliverance extra...).

GBob01

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2007
    the northshore
    Smoothbore, when you want to go out with those black powder pieces let me know. I'll try to meet you out there with some of mine.
    What do you shoot? Traditional or that new in-line stuff?

Smoothbore

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2008
    New Orleans
    Smoothbore, when you want to go out with those black powder pieces let me know. I'll try to meet you out there with some of mine.
    What do you shoot? Traditional or that new in-line stuff?

I'm not-yet a blackpowder shooter. I shoot cartridge pistols, at the Jefferson Indoor Range on Hickory Avenue (Street?) - but I have ordered a blackpowder revolver: an Uberti .44 Remington.

I've also ordered an R&D conversion cylinder to go with it, so should be able to shoot loose black, or black cartridges, where the smoke won't be an issue, and smokeless cartridges where it would be. :)

I'm interested in the traditional blackpowder guns.

Jim

Smoothbore

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2008
    New Orleans
    Shooting by yourself at an unorganized shooting area can be uncomfortable. For best results bring someone with you or meet one of us out there.
    When shooting by myself in an undeveloped area I always keep one loaded firearm on me at all times. I've had strangers show up and take an overzealous interest in my guns(one guy in particular, he was a banjo short of being a Deliverance extra...).

Yes, that's another thing that worries me. There are a lot of guns and a lot of screwballs floating around: and when the two of them occur together...:rolleyes:

Jim

GBob01

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2007
    the northshore
    When you're ready to go, give me a shout. We can hit the BZ together and smoke out the skeeters.
    Here's some of my stuff; .50 Kentucky pistol, .36 Colt sheriff, .44 Colt Confederate Navy.
    normal_bpp.JPG

Top Bottom