Black Powder Pistol? *Answered*

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BenCarp27

I feel like an old man...
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    New Orleans Area, Southshore
    I was on Cabela's website and seen a black powder pistol for what I thought was a good price. At the bottom of the page, instead of the "Please call such and such to order", there was the standard order menu.
    I called customer service to ask if it was possible to buy online and have it shipped to my house per their policy, and the representative said yes.
    I've searched all through previous threads but haven't been able to find this topic.
    My question is, are black powders different? Can I order them and have them shipped to my door? :dunno:
    If so, I'm placing the order tonight.

Last edited:

Tim67

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    EBR
    I was on Cabela's website and seen a black powder pistol for what I thought was a good price. At the bottom of the page, instead of the "Please call such and such to order", there was the standard order menu.
    I called customer service to ask if it was possible to buy online and have it shipped to my house per their policy, and the representative said yes.
    I've searched all through previous threads but haven't been able to find this topic.
    My question is, are black powders different? Can I order them and have them shipped to my door? :dunno:
    If so, I'm placing the order tonight.

Yes, firearms that don't fire "fixed ammunition" (self contained cartridges) are not regulated by the BATF. If it's loaded with loose powder and ball, you can buy it with no 4473, no NICS check, and have it shipped to you at home.

Top Bottom