Blackhawk Gear

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    I've had my SERPA about 6 months or so and have not had any issues, once they make one for the P250 I'll probably get one for my girlfriend, I'll see then if there is a quality difference.

ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington
    I have the Blackhawk Recon Chest Harness, Plate Carrier, Drag Bag, and several pouches. I have been using their gear since 1998 when I was issued a Omega IV holster which I still have and use. I prefer the chest harnesses and plate carrier because they are modular and can be set up many different ways. Also, most medium and large frame auto pistols will fit securely in one of the AR15 mag pouches with the flap down. I personally fint the presentation on the cross draw vest sucks for me with a long gun with a single point sling. As I try to transition the rifle gets hung up on the pistol. I think Blackhawk is making a vest with webbing you may want to look at. Eagle also makes good gear and some prefer it over Blackhawk. Also TacForce makes some tactical vests that are priced aroung $65 or so.

nastynewt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2007
    Franklinton/Houma LA
    Im not planing on going into combat but I think the vest/chest rig will catch hell being used daily while i bush hog. Iam going to carry my AR this year bush hogging cause of the wild dogs and coyotes we have here as i am left alone all day. I may just get the 223 MAG CHEST POUCH from Eagle for $64.95.
    Thanks everyone for you input on this.
    Keith

screamingdemon

Firearm & DSM Junky
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2007
    Cotton Valley, LA
    I've heard some pretty bad stories about Blackhawk gear falling appart. But then again it may just be stories. I would check into Tactical Tailor and Eagle before I would resort to Blackhawk gear.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I bought a serpa holster for my 1911. I had trouble getting it to release (not good!). I thought it was just new at first, but it got worse. I called blackhawk, sent the holster back to them and got a new one in less than 2 weeks. Customer service was great, and no problems with the holster since. I'd buy from them again...

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TonyGuillory
    Top Bottom