Blackhawk Serpa

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge

George

Don't tase me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Denham springs
    im SOOOOO tired of hearing this argument.. the SERPA is a GREAT design. If you practice drawing your weapon with your finger on the trigger then your are an IDIOT! The SERPA places your index finger along the slide when you draw... how are people having AD's?

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    I could be wrong but there might be a reason why top training schools don't allow them in their classes. They surely have nothing to gain or lose by disallowing them.

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    The Serpa is a great duty holster but a poor CCW holster. It just sticks out too far to be concealed by anything but a jacket or heavy open shirt. I have one for my Sig P229 and my Glock 23 and love them for open carry range holsters but I use others for my CCW.

I have drawn my weapon HUNDREDS of times with a Serpa holster and NEVER ONCE has my finger magically ended up inside the trigger guard. I even use my trigger finger to press the button. Each and every time it has ended up on the slide above the trigger guard, just like all of my other holsters.

Swampy

Chicken head
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 3, 2006
    Harvey, La.
    I just tuck my gat in my draws G......

Or wear holster Drawers....

pgroup_224_image_260_shadow.jpg

Is it just me or do you guys think the spare magazine will be a pain in the A$$....

SimonJester308

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    Damnit everybody "knows" that when you strap a glock in a serpa with a single point sling attached, there is a wet panty radius of at least a mile. In "fact" Im watching The Outlaw Josie Wells right now and hes got a serpa. So quit picking on my serpa!!

Psst, anyone have any experience with a blade tech holster?

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    I have drawn my weapon HUNDREDS of times with a Serpa holster and NEVER ONCE has my finger magically ended up inside the trigger guard. I even use my trigger finger to press the button. Each and every time it has ended up on the slide above the trigger guard, just like all of my other holsters.

+11ty billion!!!!! Except I probably have drawn a couple thousand times from mine! ;) Of course it's a very snappy .40 and I'm always suprised it doesn't go off by itself due to it's snappiness!:mamoru:

kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I'll be shooting a match with mine today,I hope it doesn't force me to shoot myself in the leg. So far I guess I've ben lucky. Wish me luck:D

senseibuddy

Black Riflin' & Glock'n
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    st amant
    I was givin a Serpa retention holster for Christmas. Now I must say that if im out riding an ATV or doing some climbing or whatever that takes a good bit of moving around and bouncing, the Serpa is a good candidate for good reliable retention.

That being said, I have no experience any other Open carry holster other than Dan Hume leather for Open Carry.
    I have never tried to draw my Glock from the serpa as I havent open carried at all.

If I were to open carry alot, I would prolly think of getting a CompTac. The idea of the button to release it to save my life kinda worries me.

my .02

scooterj

Stupid is 'posed to hurt
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    LaPlace
    Had a Non-Serpa Blackhawk for my G34 and never had any issues with it. Sold the holster with the gun.
    Tried the Thunder Ranch BladeTec for my 1911 and it was fine for carry, not worth a darn for competition. It held the gun too close to my body. I'm using an Uncle Mike's now.
    The BladeTec DOH, on the other hand, is the ticket for Production devision competition with the XD.

dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    If you practice drawing your weapon with your finger on the trigger then your are an IDIOT! ... how are people having AD's?

You have provided one possible answer .........the people using Serpas for CCW are idiots.

But I think it is far more likely that no one has ever had a ND with a Serpa ...... it's probably just a vast conspiracy among certain trainers who are trying to make a name for themselves by ensuring that the untrained/uneducated don't buy a wonderful holster with such a cool retention device.

Maybe the Federal Trade Commission can investigate this obviously unlawful conspiracy that is clearly designed to deprive Blackhawk Industries of their rightful share of U.S. holster sales.

Of course, in reality, this isn't a major problem. Who in their right mind would listen to Clint Smith, James Yeager or Gabe Suarez when they can listen to George instead ??

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I have a serpa for my 1911. When I first bought it it would occasionally jam with the gun inside (NOT Acceptable!). I returned it to Blackhawk and quickly had a new one. It works fine, no problems. I use it for a range holster only.
    For field use I have a Bianchi military style flap holster...

George

Don't tase me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Denham springs
    Of course, in reality, this isn't a major problem. Who in their right mind would listen to Clint Smith, James Yeager or Gabe Suarez when they can listen to George instead ??

EXACTLY!!!!!!

I only charge $9.95

then again some on here might take that insight and flip it for $24.99:rofl:

side note: saw many today at the Tangi Shoot and no AD's

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    You have all seen ND's from Glocks (videos) that were not holstered. Some of the time it is the driver that is at fault, not the car.

Paul Gomez

www.Gomez-Training.com
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Baton Rouge, More or Less
    Anytime we get together, I'd be happy to show some videos...ohwaitaminute...nevermind...The Serpa is the greatest holster to hit the market since the Snick. It is much better than 'Cats', I'll use it again and again.

It's much better than 'Cats'. I'll use it again and again.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    Is this a "SERPA"?

I know it's made by blackhawk and it fits my Beretta very nice. It was given to me, but I don't know much about it. Thanks,

Top Bottom