Bloomberg editorial and comments backlash

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pacioli

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Bloomberg.com, is a Bloomberg site so liberalism is a given. So I wasn't surprised to see the editors come out with a whiny piece of "sensible" gun control. I read as much as I could take without puking my breakfast and was about to leave when I decided to read the comments. Talk about getting bitch slapped! And I thought I was the only conservative on Bloomberg. Go check it out, some of the comments are priceless. And a couple of libs wandered in and promptly got their ass handed to them. Great stuff!

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-04-17/congress-rural-bias-puts-gun-control-out-of-reach.html

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Bloomberg is just PO'd that he couldn't buy the Second Amendment. :dogkeke:

Cochise

is not here
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Calhoun
    I can't believe even that idiot would publish something like that.

The comments are great, this one stands out, for me:

On the contrary I see the use of "arms" as a very broad term. Arms today means more than just guns. Today's arms are computers and cyber-warfare. The spirit of the amendment was to give the people the capacity for revolt should the new government turn on its citizens and emulate the old world powers.

The Second Amendment should be interpreted more broadly to protect the capability of the population to oppose the power of the Federal government. Small-arms are certainly a part of that equation but not the whole picture. Just as we interpret free speech to include electronic communication we should interpret right to bear arms as cyber-warfare capabilities.

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    I love when people throw out the old "well they didn't have semi automatic firearms with 30 round magazines when the constitution was written", ******** and someone always says yeah, they didn't didn't have TV or the internet then either, but we obviously extend the 1st amendment to cover them.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    The more you think about it, the harder it is to argue against, right??
    That was actually very interesting.

Next time someone says "Well do you think everyone should have a F16?" Instead of getting into "Why not?" I'll say "Modernization of grassroots revolution can be applied to modern technology quite easily. If you look at the ability of social media and cyber attacks generated by Egyptians, Iraqis, Venezuelans, Canadians, Chinese and Russians, it's apparent that the modernization of tools to crack a tyrannical hold are important and do require updating" or some other statement off the top of my head like that.

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    would a fighter jet quality as a "bearable arm"? It was my understanding that "Bear Arms", meant arms you could carry on your person...was I wrong in that thinking?

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    How about this comment. WOW!

David2020 11 minutes ago
    The Senate, with its heavy over-representation of superstitious, fearful, conservative, white voters in an increasingly rational, progressive, multi-ethnic, multi-racial society, is a very serious problem.

It was necessary back in the day in order to form the Union. It makes absolutely no sense in the modern world.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    How about this comment. WOW!

David2020 11 minutes ago

"The Senate, with its heavy over-representation of superstitious, fearful, conservative, white voters in an increasingly rational, progressive, multi-ethnic, multi-racial society, is a very serious problem.

It was necessary back in the day in order to form the Union. It makes absolutely no sense in the modern world."

No one will ever convince me this^ is not a sickness!

cajun_64

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 22, 2012
    Abbeville
    the comment button took me down to bloomberg site map at the bottom of the page. Guess they disabled it.

How is that for freedom of the press/speech?

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I have to level with y'all. At least part of my happiness right now is knowing we won't have to see this nutsack on every TV channel in LA for a while, now....:bravo:

nra18n-1-web.jpg

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I have to level with y'all. At least part of my happiness right now is knowing we won't have to see this nutsack on every TV channel in LA for a while, now....:bravo:

nra18n-1-web.jpg

Isn't this a slug barrel on this shotgun? And that fuzzy image by the barn....is that.....is that;

A yard jockey?

Top Bottom