Blue Angels Air Shows April 21 and 22 at Lakefront Airport

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

King of D Open
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Vieux Carre
    The Blue Angels will perform in New Orleans during Fleet Week as part of the National Kickoff of the Commeration of the War of 1812. The Blue Angels will practice on Thursday 4/19 and put on Air Shows on Saturday & Sunday 4/21 & 4/22 AT LAKEFRONT AIRPORT.

Full details of the weeklong celebration including visits of Tall Ships and more can be found at http://nolanavyweek.com/

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    When I came back to La. in the late sixties, I worked at the company's R&D lab in Belle Chasse as the plant in St. James Parish was under construction. The Blue Angels were putting on a show at Callender Field. We watched their rehearsal from the lab.

First rate.

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    It's my understanding that the actual show will be over the lake with unrestricted altitudes, just like when they do their home show over Pensacola Beach. Should be a Can't Miss Show! Nothing like a F/A-18 smoking by at 50 feet off the deck! :boink:

Taiaut

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Lake Charles,La.
    It's my understanding that the actual show will be over the lake with unrestricted altitudes, just like when they do their home show over Pensacola Beach. Should be a Can't Miss Show! Nothing like a F/A-18 smoking by at 50 feet off the deck! :boink:

A friend in Pensacola showed me pics he took from a 10th floor condo on Pensacola Beach showing an F-18 below his level. And could see the pilot. Awesome. Don't miss it.

jjss

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Mar 13, 2010
    New Orleans
    fleet week is awesome....we hit NYC hard. only thing that sucks is walking around in your dress uniforms for blocks upon blocks. Fleet week NOLA should be interesting.

Top Bottom