Bolt Head Fishin' Thread

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    I'm far more into fishin' than I am guns and ammo so I'll start this one.
    I'm a Tackle Head and I love high-end gear. I fish hard when I go.

I just saw this Youtube Short and figured I'd share. The little EWG has just about all the attributes I prefer, as with my favorite EWG, the Owner Wide Gap Plus. If you fish Sacalait and Goggle Eye or similar, this one is interesting for fishing cover.

The "music" is obnoxious.
    https://youtube.com/shorts/R3Qa5DL_-Is

https://www.varivas.fishing/product/varivas-inch-hook/

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    I have a Shimano Teramar XX NE 6' 6" MH mod-fast spinning rod that totes a Shimano 2021 Twin Power XD 4000 spinning reel, 18 lb. Xplasma braid.

There is a tremendous amount of power in this rod and it is considerably more fast than one would expect from the mod-fast action designation.

The Hi-Power-X and Spiral-X construction details of these blanks can not be underestimated by those who have learned about rod blank construction. Shimano has set the bar high.

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    Spiral-X and Hi-Power-X rod blank construction.
    Little or no spine in the rod which is unprecedented. This addresses one of the factors of casting accuracy, precision.
    I have a total of 6 rods with the combination of Spiral-X and Hi-Power-X in them and I will vouch for the end result of this blank technology and the sum of all of the construction details.

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    Being a hunter/gatherer, I recently added a sizable quantity of scented finesse soft plastics to my stock of tackle. I wiped out a few major retailers of a few options so my stored stock is heavy.

*Powerbait Maxscent Lil Trooper 2.5", Green Pumpkin 13 packs

*Powerbait Flute Worm 4.7", Green Pumpkin 22 packs, Green Pumpkin Blue Flash 5 packs, Morning Dawn 6 packs

*Powerbait Champ Craw 2.5", Green Pumpkin 10 packs

*Nail weights for Neko rigging, silicone O-rings for Neko and Wacky rigging

I apologize if I caused any inconvenience.
    3b92b.gif

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    I ALWAYS seal the cork handles/grips on my rods with U-40 Cork Seal. Brush on heavy so it soaks as deep as possible, rotating the rod until the cork stops absorbing then brush off the excess liquid, set aside to cure overnight then mount the reel back on it.

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    Some baked spec and sail cat from a trip to Hopedale a few weeks ago. Seasoned with jerk, topped with roasted red pepper, melted butter, and lemon juice. Quick and easy.

Actually cooked some redfish and catfish last night the same way, and ate it with some etouffee we cooked the other day. Slammin.
    503142b894e0d0b7d9c3ef7d3c25c2a6.jpg
    Ya killin' me, Smalls!

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    "I’ve caught 90 percent of my 10-pound bass on a 7-inch straight-tail worm."
    The Bass Professor,
    The Late Great Doug Hannon

https://www.fieldandstream.com/arti...fish-bass/2009/06/how-i-fish-doug-hannon/?amp

Building a heavy stock of Berkley MaxScent 7" Magnum Hit Worms in Green Pumpkin.
    As the population grows so does the fishing pressure. Do things better than the last 99 people that were there before you arrived. Be that 1%.

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    Was able to gather a noteworthy stock of Powerbait 3.4" Champ Minnows in HD Blacknose Shiner color.
    Finesse jerkbaits and dropshot.
    Winter is almost here.
    Dance the Dropshottin' Boogie!
    rs (3).jpeg
    20220222181309.cm4.jpeg

LOL

Last edited:

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    We've pretty much made the roasted red pepper covered filets a Sunday staple for the past couple months. Haven't had the chance to catch any lately, just buying a couple pounds a week from rouses. Sometimes we eat it with etouffee, sometimes with crawfish monica, sometimes by itself or with some veggies. Hard to beat.
    Had it with etouffee last time.
    776f6888eedacc53bc79721a2cba3615.jpg

Top Bottom