Bonnie Blue flag

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrmojo32

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Denham Springs Louisiana
    I was thinking of putting a Bonnie Blue flag liscence plate on the front bumper of my truck. Is this flag considered racist as the rebel flag has been called by most? I was just courious what everyeone though.

fastmover

fastmover
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    lafayette, la
    Not unless the Lone Star of Texas and the flag of Cali (both of which took some inspiration from it) are racist, but then again i am "white" so; i could be (probably am) wrong

Last edited:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I was thinking of putting a Bonnie Blue flag liscence plate on the front bumper of my truck. Is this flag considered racist as the rebel flag has been called by most? I was just courious what everyeone though.

Absolutely not, because the agitators of racial tension and political correctness don't seem to understand that the Bonnie Blue Flag has anything to do with the Confederacy. :D

I suppose you could say that most of them are "too ignorant" to falsely accuse someone who's displaying one of being "ignorant". :rofl:

Renegade

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 1, 2010
    Red Stick
    1confederate_1995_37349.gif

rooster

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 11, 2009
    Lake Charles, LA
    I don't think the battle flag ( I don't like the name rebel flag) is a racist symbol. The KKK has distorted it and left a bad image. O well it's all about perception.

Baldrik78

Misanthrope Savant
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Absolutely not, because the agitators of racial tension and political correctness don't seem to understand that the Bonnie Blue Flag has anything to do with the Confederacy. :D

I suppose you could say that most of them are "too ignorant" to falsely accuse someone who's displaying one of being "ignorant". :rofl:

I came to say almost exactly this.

I remember, when I was in 5th or 6th grade, it was decided that the St. Francisville town hall would start flying the Bonnie Blue. My class was the one selected to be there, at town hall, to actually raise the flag and appeaer in photos and what not for the paper. Only one kid got to actually raise the flag on the flag pole though.

It was several years later when(once I learned what the Bonnie Blue was) the irony hit me that the kid to raise the flag was black.

jms

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 25, 2009
    Franklinton,La.
    I have to work real hard at NOT being a racist because of my age and time line 65 yrs. ago. However you have the right to display any flag you so desire even a sickle and star if you want . Same as 1 st. amendment . Ole Miss and Mississippi gave into that senareo of the stars and bars flag to satisfiy a few .

What next will a peoples find offensive ?

meauxcg

Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    May 27, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    ah! great history lesson. Never knew about the West Fla republic..Some how that was not mentioned in La, history..
    I don't see how that is racist so go for it.. to me I still don't see how the stars and bars is racist either, a bit redneck maybe but not racist.

gonepecan

Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Oct 2, 2009
    Somewhere
    Who gives a god damn if others view it as racist?

This.

The only bad part is, some hoodlums could see the Confederate Battle Flag on your car and damage it just for that reason.

But they won't know what the F Bonnie Blue is.

Personally, I'd like to go with either the 3rd National Flag of the Confederacy or the flag of Independent Louisiana.

mrmojo32

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Denham Springs Louisiana
    Well.... Myself, I love the rebel flag and do not see myself as being racist just because I am proud of my southern heritage. I have in fact, proudly displayed the Confederate battle flag on my trucks in the past.

I just work in an enviornment where there are many people who get offended easily and thats why I posed the question. If i am questioned I could always say it is the Somali flag. :)

leVieux

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    No it is not and neither are any of the confederate flags even though they have been misused as such symbols by ignorant people.

Ignorant, MALICIOUS people........

The "Bonnie Blue" tag has become sort of a signal amongst Sons of the South.

I am not ashamed of the "Stars & Bars", under which my ancestors fought; but, do wish to avoid vandalism to my vheicles.

leVieux

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    if you EVER get tired of looking at this in your driveway...

I had a '69 LWB C-10 when I was 16. The previous owner's wife had totaled their '74 Oldsmobile Delta 98, so he decided to merge the two. He liberated the in-line 6 and 3 on the tree from the truck to install the 455 Rocket and turbo 400 tranny. He cut the clutch pedal off with a torch and blew a hole in the floor to install a Mr. Gasket shifter. Then he got creative and installed the tilt/telescopic steering column from the Delta 98 and two of the Olds hubcaps on the front wheels of the truck. It was something else...

I finally got them:

DSCF0008.JPG

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedactedUsername
    Top Bottom