Brass knuckle legality?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    So, at the show today I see this lady selling these electro-zap stun gun things that are shaped like a pair of brass knuckles except they are made of plastic. Seems to me that this would get you in trouble more than it would help with self defense.

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    The show is at Lamar Dixon in Gonzales. Sure it's a gimmick like a lot of that kind of crap, but the difference it THIS gimmick is good for getting you in trouble. As I understand the same as carrying concealed w/o a permit.

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    The show is at Lamar Dixon in Gonzales. Sure it's a gimmick like a lot of that kind of crap, but the difference it THIS gimmick is good for getting you in trouble. As I understand the same as carrying concealed w/o a permit.

How so? It's just a stun gun.

Also, I learned it was the current that kills. But then I've people refer to some voltages as "lethal voltages". My wall socket is 110V. There was one stun gun there that supposedly 2.4MV. Is the current incredibly tiny with these?

Last edited:

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    How so? It's just a stun gun.

No it's not, look at the picture above. It's a stun gun that you wear like brass knuckles. IF it is construed to be the same then it would be an illegal weapon like the knuckles. Further to the point, it's usefulness as a stun gun compared to a regular one or to a "Taser" is probably very close to crap, so it's definitely a gimmick. Why take the chance?

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Probably the same or a similar stupid reason that fully automatical knives are illegal, it's been that way for a very very long time.

Also, I learned it was the current that kills. But then I've people refer to some voltages as "lethal voltages". My wall socket is 110V. There was one stun gun there that supposedly 2.4MV. Is the current incredibly tiny with these?

I don't know, but I have one that says "250,000 volts" that I bought at a gun show probably 25 years ago and having electrocuted the dog fxxx out of myself with it by accident once I can tell you it will probably give any rapist or robber a different point of view for at least a couple of hours.

Last edited:

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    Why are brass knuckles illegal anyway? I don't think anyone would prefer being stabbed.
    Same reason why butterfly knives are banned and the reason there was an assault weapons ban... STUPID, IGNORANT POLITICIANS!!!

[YOUTUBE]9rGpykAX1fo[/YOUTUBE]
    [YOUTUBE]BRQqieimwLQ[/YOUTUBE]

:)

Barney88PDC

SEND IT
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Ok so I have a question about real brass knuckles. Now of course if you hit someone with them I am sure that is assault with a deadly weapon or such. NOLA jump in here with the law if you have it.

My question is are they illegal to have on you. I bought a "belt buckle" basicly brass knuckles with a threaded pin for the hook to hook into a loop. The other end of a cowboy style belt wraps around brass knuckle like it would be a cowboy belt buckle.

Now this was just really a novelity buy that I bought a few years back more or less. I certainly do not carry them. Yea I bought 2 LOL.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Rs 14:95- "designed for probable use or customarily used as a weapon."

on phone so cannot post all. TECHNICALLY, if you convcealit- illegal.

Simply possessing it- not illegal

use it in a fight/ self-defense - probable legal issues

All TECHNICALLY..... jury or judge them changes everything.

Another technically vs. reality issue

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge

Yes, that's horrible! We must ABSOLUTELY BAN ALL forms of Lexan AND Plexiglass from being in the hands of ANY consumer at ANY time. It is a serious, SERIOUS danger that we just can NOT allow!!! Plexiglss may not be bullet proof, but ou could probably kill at least two people before they break and with four pairs in your pockets that is EIGHT PEOPLE DEAD!!! :squint:

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    So, at the show today I see this lady selling these electro-zap stun gun things that are shaped like a pair of brass knuckles except they are made of plastic. Seems to me that this would get you in trouble more than it would help with self defense.

Who buys gunshow trinkets?

Probably the same or a similar stupid reason that fully automatical knives are illegal, it's been that way for a very very long time.

I don't know, but I have one that says "250,000 volts" that I bought at a gun show probably 25 years ago and having electrocuted the dog fxxx out of myself with it by accident once I can tell you it will probably give any rapist or robber a different point of view for at least a couple of hours.

Nevermind.

JR1572

Top Bottom