British Gun Ban

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrdbeau

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Slidell Area
    England will have an outright revolution one day if the ******** they have to put up with continue. There may be no more than 10-15% of the general British population that feels the way about firearms that the people in that video do, but keep in mind the percent of people in the original 13 colonies that were supportive of a war with England, or the percent of people in the North who were in favor of starting the War of Northern Aggression...

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    I still wonder how many "subjects" still have pistols and rifles sealed up in their drywall or under the insulation in their attics? I'm being serious, I would be currious to find out.

Swampy

Chicken head
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 3, 2006
    Harvey, La.
    I would bet a very few... Those guys in the Video are prolly the most hardcore gun owners in the Country and they turned theirs in....

But out in the countryside I am guessing there are a few farmers that held out...

goodburbon

Whalmitfahrer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 9, 2008
    Around
    With the new technologies coming out I doubt any resistance to a gun ban would be effective for much longer. Hide them where you want, if your name is on the books as having been called upon for a background check you will be held accountable for the whereabouts of your firearms. And with emerging technology in the next 20 years or so I doubt you would be able to hide a firearm from the police.

ETA: in your home, maybe not even on your property.

GrumpyOldMan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Metairie
    I hear the hide them “solution” all the time. Exactly what would that accomplish? I also hear all the time, “from my cold dead hands”. I truly wonder how many would actually make a stand. During Katrina I only know of one that was ready, a Maritime Lawyer that made the news, EVERYONE else that was confronted gave them up.

mrdbeau

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Slidell Area
    Naah, they are too (add British accent) C I V I L I Z E D now. But then so are we. :(

I don't know. There is a certain limit that everyone has for being pushed and I think in Britain they may be getting pretty close. After the farmer got jailed for shooting the two burglars, I think that got pretty close to pushing people to the edge. It's only a matter of time before something similar happens and it won't take long for a "peaceful demonstration" to turn into "rioting in the streets" and on to "outright revolt." With the morale of the police across England, would they seriously provide any resistance or even try and prevent it? And would the British military really be called in and fire on their own countrymen? I don't know the answer, but things are a lot closer to coming to that headway than I think most people think they are.

I hear the hide them “solution” all the time. Exactly what would that accomplish? I also hear all the time, “from my cold dead hands”. I truly wonder how many would actually make a stand. During Katrina I only know of one that was ready, a Maritime Lawyer that made the news, EVERYONE else that was confronted gave them up.

I'll make one, and I know my grandfather would too, if he's still alive when they come for them. It really won't take too many people making a stand before ATF agent bodies start piling up and they decide that it might not be worth it after all. Take Waco and multiply it by 10 and add a few hundred dead ATF/FBI agents and things might look a little different from their end of the field.

GrumpyOldMan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Metairie
    I don't know. There is a certain limit that everyone has for being pushed and I think in Britain they may be getting pretty close. After the farmer got jailed for shooting the two burglars, I think that got pretty close to pushing people to the edge. It's only a matter of time before something similar happens and it won't take long for a "peaceful demonstration" to turn into "rioting in the streets" and on to "outright revolt." With the morale of the police across England, would they seriously provide any resistance or even try and prevent it? And would the British military really be called in and fire on their own countrymen? I don't know the answer, but things are a lot closer to coming to that headway than I think most people think they are.

I'll make one, and I know my grandfather would too, if he's still alive when they come for them. It really won't take too many people making a stand before ATF agent bodies start piling up and they decide that it might not be worth it after all. Take Waco and multiply it by 10 and add a few hundred dead ATF/FBI agents and things might look a little different from their end of the field.

Why son, you sound like one of those radical nut jobs. ;) It’s nice to be amongst like mined people. I’ve been hanging in the wrong places, I didn’t think there were any left in Louisiana. As for your assumption about the Brits, I don’t know, I hope you’re right but only time will tell.

Top Bottom