BRPD and EBRSO radio freq's

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    They are encrypted. Some of the new technology is not fully operational yet but should be soon.

•MOTOR51•

Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    If I understand correctly it is possible to get a public access token if you know where to send a letter and aren't afraid of sharing your personal information.

Last edited:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    If I understand correctly it is possible to get a public access token if you know where to send a letter and aren't afraid of sharing your personal information.

Are you LE? I have never heard of a public access token. I cannt imagine the departments would spend all that money to encrypt and then allow people to listen by writing a letter. I'm not saying you are wrong but maybe you can explain a little more in depth.

•MOTOR51•

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I do know that the media use to be allowed access to our radios but I don't know if that's still done.

•MOTOR51•

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    Are you LE? I have never heard of a public access token. I cannt imagine the departments would spend all that money to encrypt and then allow people to listen by writing a letter. I'm not saying you are wrong but maybe you can explain a little more in depth.

•MOTOR51•

It makes no sense.

I wish our resident scanner experts would weigh in on this topic...

JR1572

Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    First off: I'm not LE.

Second: It's my understanding that the new encryption schemes came with access levels, basically group decryption limitations. For instance, general dispatch comms would be the base group, unit-to-unit another, private/tactical channels yet another group, etc. I don't know what media gets but imagine it is confined to just general dispatch.

Third: I may be totally wrong about the above ^^

Fourth: my letter writing is not first hand info. I heard it was possible to get access keys (tokens) either by foia or explaining your need to know. That's all. I do not own a scanner, either.

PS: I think most of our scanner gurus either got themselves banned or went to OCLA.

Last edited:

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    Dan, and the group.
    The EBR transmissions are not encrypted.
    They are public digital control channel and digital talk channels.
    Meaning unless you have a scanner capable of 700 megahertz 9600 digital encoding you will not hear it, but it will sound like a digital mess, perhaps to the untrained ear, like encryption.

The encryption that some agencies use, do have a shared key as was mentioned but this is not in use presently. There was talk of it being offered free to other agencies, I am not sure about EBR specifically.

Judging by so few viewers of this thread, and comments.. I may need a show and tell of the radio world..

http://www.radioreference.com/ Is a working database of the spectrum.

BR55

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2013
    I'm hearing BRPD and EBRSO loud and clear right now. The main dispatch channels are not encrypted at this time. I listen to them regularly and rarely hear any encryption used on the main Talk Groups. Some specific units may use encryption (such as unit 70 on BRPD District 1) but not all units.

Last edited:

PrairieCajun

Ima let dat pass dis time
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 4, 2010
    B.R.(da hood), LA
    Thanks neighbor. We are still able to hear BR traffic if you have a digital scanner. It will suck if we lose the ability to listen to our law enforcement and what is going on around us in the major metropolitan areas.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Thanks neighbor. We are still able to hear BR traffic if you have a digital scanner. It will suck if we lose the ability to listen to our law enforcement and what is going on around us in the major metropolitan areas.

Our encryption has not been fully turned on. I think they are still working out some kinks

•MOTOR51•

Top Bottom