BS Spyderco LINK & CODE INSIDE. **SOLD OUT**

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Would you be interested in a custom Bayoushooter Spyderco?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

rycen

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Do they make a half serrated with the Emerson flipper? Is the Emerson flipper exclusive to Spyderco?

Spyderco no longer makes a model serrated or half serrated with the wave.You can however get an Emerson brand knife with the wave in half serrated.

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    Awaiting arrival!

All this talk about serrated vs non vs partial, why don't you just get it and 1/2 serrate it yourself with a file and sharpener (or contract one if our knife makers to do it for ya)? It's not hard to do!

I too prefer 1/2 serrated for edc.

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    As a good example... Cold Steel "serrations" look like they were done via the method you describe. In my experience, those Cold Steel serrations don't cut heavy stuff worth a damn, and are difficult to sharpen.

YMMV... ;)

Their serrations always reminded me of something off of those cheap, sold on TV steak knives....Difficult to sharpen is an understatement...worst serration design ever on a folding knife...

bayourunner

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    Elton LA near Jennings LA
    Just ordered one of these bad boys, I love bayoushooter and spyderco so this is a match made in heaven. I will keep this one new in box for a little collectible, and use my other spyderco for my EDC.

Thanks for all the ones who made this happen!!!! And a Happy New Years to all!

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    LSP I'm more referring to those who want a bayou shooter knife with serrations. As far as angle etc, it wouldnt be hard to copy the spyderedge if you really wanted the BS bad enough.

swagge1

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge, LA
    SVT are there any knife makers around Baton Rouge that you could recommend to make the blade half serrated? What do u think that would cost?

BTW here is my EDC knife. CRKT M16 Zytel. Ive had it almost 10 years. The serration will cut through rope like nothing and I've even cut firehose with it. Sorry for derailing thread.

photo-2.jpg

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    SVT are there any knife makers around Baton Rouge that you could recommend to make the blade half serrated? What do u think that would cost?

BTW here is my EDC knife. CRKT M16 Zytel. Ive had it almost 10 years. The serration will cut through rope like nothing and I've even cut firehose with it. Sorry for derailing thread.

photo-2.jpg

Once upon a time there was a guy on BladeForums who could do it....Not sure if he still does or if he's even still around...His name escapes me at the moment...

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Knife makers in Baton Rouge?? There's only one that I know of and he is seriously expensive. I don't think he makes folders. You could ask Michael Sanders or Fred Durio, if they or someone semi-local can do what you want.

Top Bottom