Bucket List's?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sil-40

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Crossed off
    Sky-diving
    Complete every "normal" race distance between 5k-100mi
    See the Italian Grand-Prix

Yet to Cross off
    Thru-hike the AT
    Run the Rim-to-Rim-to-Rim.
    Complete a 200+ mi. race
    Write a book
    Travel to Australia / Scuba dive the GBR
    Ride in a "fighter" jet
    Build an "off the grid" home
    Own a business
    Climb Mt. McKinley

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Crossed off
    Sky-diving
    Complete every "normal" race distance between 5k-100mi
    See the Italian Grand-Prix

Yet to Cross off
    Thru-hike the AT
    Run the Rim-to-Rim-to-Rim.
    Complete a 200+ mi. race
    Write a book
    Travel to Australia / Scuba dive the GBR
    Ride in a "fighter" jet
    Build an "off the grid" home
    Own a business
    Climb Mt. McKinley
    Do you just run or have you done tri's?

What's your longest hike so far?

sil-40

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Do you just run or have you done tri's?

Originally, just running. I got interested in Iron Man about 5 years ago and decided to give it a go (1/2 IM). I was terrible in the water but got better over the training period. I was never comfortable on the bike, though and didn't like the extensive equipment it took compared to running. I did some short tris leading up to it and did eventually complete the 1/2 IM. After 6 months of double workouts and long 4-5 hour rides on the weekend, I decided I didn't like it enough to pursue it further. After that, I just went back to running and started dipping my toes in trail running / ultras about. Now I just do a few marathons and maybe 1 or 2 ultras per year.
    What's your longest hike so far?

Longest hike is just a 2 day 20ish miler in Colorado. I didn't rediscover my passion for hiking until recently and I worked a demanding job with relatively poor time-off benefits so I've not had the chance to attempt any real distances. My wife also had back surgery that will stop her from ever being able to carry any heavy packs so any multi-day stuff has to be done solo or with me as the mule.

vr1967

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    Liberty, MS
    Never had a list per se. Have been on 6 continents and 34 countries outside the US between military and work.

Just got home a day ago, from a 9 day, 3800 mile, 14 state trip, that included headwaters of the Mississippi River, Michigan UP, midwest, etc.

If the wife’s health holds out, we plan to do the Redwoods and left coast next year. Maybe the NE in the fall to see the colors. Whatever she wants while she is able is my list, I guess.

If I were to go back overseas ( doubt I will) it would probably be to go back to India. The crash site of a plane has recently (a few years ago) been found from WWII. One of those that perished was a man from here in Amite County. Possibly 6 more MIAs we could bring home. When I sent the information to DPAA, the reply seemed disinterested. Most of my good “contacts” there retired a few years ago. I’d go hunt for remains to bring home, but doubt my knees could take the 4 day hike up the mountains to the crash site. Lest We Forget

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Originally, just running. I got interested in Iron Man about 5 years ago and decided to give it a go (1/2 IM). I was terrible in the water but got better over the training period. I was never comfortable on the bike, though and didn't like the extensive equipment it took compared to running. I did some short tris leading up to it and did eventually complete the 1/2 IM. After 6 months of double workouts and long 4-5 hour rides on the weekend, I decided I didn't like it enough to pursue it further. After that, I just went back to running and started dipping my toes in trail running / ultras about. Now I just do a few marathons and maybe 1 or 2 ultras per year.
    I feel that, I've thought about doing tri's, but I wouldn't like half of the movements LOL
    Longest hike is just a 2 day 20ish miler in Colorado. I didn't rediscover my passion for hiking until recently and I worked a demanding job with relatively poor time-off benefits so I've not had the chance to attempt any real distances. My wife also had back surgery that will stop her from ever being able to carry any heavy packs so any multi-day stuff has to be done solo or with me as the mule.
    Hit me up if you ever have questions about trails in the south or hiking gear!

sil-40

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    I feel that, I've thought about doing tri's, but I wouldn't like half of the movements LOL
    I came to actually enjoy pool training, once I became less negatively buoyant. It’s a great, zero impact exercise. When you’re doing longer swims (1000m+), you spend a lot of time in a low HR zone and you get some great pulmonary adaptations after a while. My running was in peak fitness after 6 months of that. I was just burnt out from 12-15 hours of training every week for 20+ weeks. Don’t get me started on biking though…I’m not a fan.
    Hit me up if you ever have questions about trails in the south or hiking gear!
    Will do. We usually stick to SE LA for trail runs out of convenience but we travel to MS and central LA from time to time. Tunica Hills, Clark Creek, Bougue Chitto, West Feliciana Sport complex (The Beast) to name a couple.

Top Bottom