Buffalo classic45\70

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vbart1955

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jun 1, 2010
    I have a Buffalo Classic 38\55 rifle that I bought 2 years ago,the trigger was real heavy so I took it to a gunsmith to get a trigger job. I never had any misfire problems. I got a new barrel for 45\70. I shot a box of Winchester and I had about 4 bullets that did not fire. I also bought a box of Hornady, and out of one box I had 2 misfires. The primer has a good dent on it from the firing pin. Any ideas?

Akajun

Go away,Batin...
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Brusly
    Where did you get the barrell? Did H&r fit it for you. May be excessive headspace.

You still have the 38/55 barrell? Want to sell it?

vbart1955

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jun 1, 2010
    You are probably right cause I did not have any problem till I got the new barrel.H&R did it for me.I will give them a call tommorow and see what they say.Yes, I still have the barrell for 38/55 but I want to keep it for now.If I decided to get rid of it I will let you know before I post it.Thank you very much for your reply.

VincentBuckles

Mesa Kinetic
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Gonzales, LA
    i'd be glad to try and troubleshoot it for you if you dont get the answers you want. i have worked on literally hundreds of big bore H&R handi rifles and buffalo classics.

- Vince
    (412) 670-2620

old jim

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Trigger jobs on H&R's can be tricky. Get it to light and the striker bar can't be lifted high enough causing light strikes. Also the sear will wear pretty quick and it will soon be very light.
    good luck Jim

vbart1955

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jun 1, 2010
    I sent my 45.70 to H&R and received it back last week. According to the note they cut the hammer slot,ream firing pin pocket, replaced hammer spring,trigger spring, trigger extension. H& R did not charge me anything. I was very suprised that they repaired my rifle after I told them that I had a trigger job done to it. Very good people.
    I went to Nick's yesterday and test fired the rifle and it fires all the time without any misfire. I even used the ammo that misfires last time. Thank you very much for all your replies.

Top Bottom