Buffer Zone Pics

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Narco

0-60 in 5.11
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 6, 2007
    New Orleans
    Thats why I dont like that place, maybe its me, but muzzle direction, whom I am shooting next too, and my background, are very important.

BOSS302

Pain is temporary
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SELA
    Thats why I dont like that place, maybe its me, but muzzle direction, whom I am shooting next too, and my background, are very important.

That's why I always go with a buddy and have a gun on my hip. I also tend to go middle of the day, middle of the week when there isn't a soul out there.

#1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    Given that the area is in a dip, it is relatively safe, but if you are traveling on the road, you have no idea which direction someone is shooting in.
    I had a Miss.Sheriff tell me its cool to shoot in the range pit but not anywhere else.For fear of hitting a 4 wheeler.Thanks for posting the pics.I havent been there since the training with the G-man.

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    where is this located at?

Right here!
    picture.php

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    I was out there Friday testing out my reloads for my M1 Carbine. There was another fellow out there sighting in his deer rifle. Both he and I were very careful to maintain range safety. We were cordial and polite. My experience is that with one glaring exception, everyone out there has been very safe and considerate. One time an idiot Seabee fanned Phishyt with his "unloaded" handgun.

Friday I saw the steel target, and got pretty intimate with it heh, heh, heh.

Ryan316

My way or the highway
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Kenner, LA
    I was out there this morning. Been going since 2000. I have the same reservations about it being kinda like the Wild West if you were to encounter the wrong type but like a poster stated above, with ONE exception, everyone I've met was very polite and cordial. Actually, the guy I met there this morning was the one who told me about this site & so I joined up & really like it that it "feels like home" as opposed to other sites where I have no idea where they're talking about.

The one exception was in 2002 when they had about 3 or 4 guys with about 2 or 3 kids about 5-8 years old drinking their @$$es off and using very poor gun safety. I just waited up on the road until they left. I remember my friend was scared to death and he wound up leaving, but I didn't drive all that way to turn back.

Top Bottom