Buffer Zone Suggestion Thread ** Official

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BOSS302

Pain is temporary
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SELA
    I'm going out there Friday morning this week to test my new wasr, so if it's wet I'll report back. I've got waders in the car, so a little water will only add to the fun.

I'm planning on heading out this Fri morning as well. There is a little clearing above the pit looking in, probably just shoot from there if it's flooded.

leVieux

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    my-rifle,
    I'm near the CCC approaches, between the notorious River Gardens and the Warehouse District, between Tchoupitoulas and Magazine streets. Have to CC to take the garbage out.
    We have shot a couple of times at Gretna Gun, but it leaves a lot to be desired.
    leVieux

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    LeVieux, Dragon indoor is a better place to shoot on the westbank than Gretna. The BZ is much better than either.

myRifle, how's the baby doing? Sleeping through the night yet?

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    LeVieux, Dragon indoor is a better place to shoot on the westbank than Gretna,as long as you bring your hazmat suit and oxygen tanks to breath. The BZ is much better than either.

myRifle, how's the baby doing? Sleeping through the night yet?

Fixed it for ya! ;)

Conceyted

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Metairie, LA
    I went this morning. The fiance and I made it out there at about 10:45 and we stayed about an hour. Just really went to check it out. Shot about 130 rounds or so. I still need to sight in my Eotech but it seemed pretty close as is. There were a few guys out there with Alabama shirts on (I think) shooting ak47s and shotguns. Another guy brought his little girl and wife. And there was another guy out shooting small caliber reloads out of a few older revolvers. Nice folks and it seemed very safe today. I cleaned up after myself, but it was hard to find a lot of my steel casings with all the shells sitting on the ground. I made sure not to throw any of my boxes or plastic packaging on the ground, though.

Yesterday I almost threw away an old computer monitor, some wooden attic stairs (thinking it could be good for target hanging), and a few other things that would be fun to shoot at. I haven't pitched them in the dump yet, though so I am contemplating bringing them out. Not sure if it is encouraged to bring that kind of stuff out there, though. Any idea?

ChordsBail

Glock and BHP nuff said
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Gonzales, LA
    Me and few guys will be their tommorow hope to meet some of ya'll we will be shooting mostly Glocks, but main reason for going is to try out the new Browning Hi Power Custom!!!! oh yeah they will have their toys too!!! be their by noon or so!!!-chord

Bladebu1

1 more old SeaBee
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Diamondhead Ms
    I went out there on sunday
    alot of pepole a steady flow most of the morning up to 3 or 4 groups at a time
    Picked up all the range candy I could find
    I left when it started raining

Coastie Paul

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 29, 2009
    Slidell, LA
    make shift tables, seating???

I'll throw this out there and see if anyone is interested since the pin shoot is coming up and there have been previous discussions of improving the BZ:

There are four or five wood structures sitting on the side of hiway 90 just south (west) of the Rigolets bridge. They're on the right hand side of the road as you head west towards Michoud. They are about two foot by two foot by eight foot rectangular made of plywood and 2X4s. They appear to be in decent shape and could be used to put gear on, put targets on, sit on, shoot, or burn. I don't have a pick up otherwise they'd be at the BZ or my driveway by now. A few more hundred yards down the road (same side) is a pice of deck (roughly 4ft by 4 ft) that could easily be made into a table.

I guess I should make it clear that this stiff is dumped on the side of the road and is only waiting for someone to pick it up.

nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    if it goes to the BZ someone will either shoot it or steal it. if someone destroyed the 360lb steel bmod we put out there, anything will go.

Top Bottom