Bug out Bags

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    If I bug out it will be to go to work I'm sure... so I have a bug out marked 09 Impala. As to contents, well, pretty much everthing. I probably have a toaster in here somewhere.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    If I bug out it will be to go to work I'm sure... so I have a bug out marked 09 Impala. As to contents, well, pretty much everthing. I probably have a toaster in here somewhere.

hat is really cute, but for those of us still rocking 2000 Vics, we may need a bag to buig out with when it dies.

Wilson54

MS-Deltan
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Louisiana
    I have approx. 80 rounds of various .38 Special loads. Model 15 Smith, Beretta Bobcat with 100 rounds. Diving mask with snorkel, a pair of underwear and socks and a couple of knives and sharpening stones with insect repellent and sunblock. I looked in in a bit ago and found a nice pair of shorts and a nice shirt and started wearing them. I had forgotten about them. Had some can goods and threw them away. Automobile gets to ~160 degrees at times in the summer heat. Not good for canned goods! I also have some sharpies and mechanical pencils/lead writing material. Last but not least........two rolls of bio-degradable toilet paper and a roll of paper towels.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Oh, yeah, Bug Out Bag.
    My BOB is also my backpack (for backpacking) with a few extras thrown in. Bag is an older Gregory Gravity. MSR sleeping bag, z rest sleeping pad, a frame tent, MSR Alpine pot set (w/ various small things inside- lighter, compass, etc), tiny Coleman propane stove, msr waterworks water filter,2 nalgene bottles, SOG seal pup knife plus a swiss army in the cook set, candle lantern, small first aid kit and repair kit, bit of duct tape, some extra non-cotton clothes, extra socks, more extra socks, even more extra socks..., a few pages from an atlas (MS, AL, GA, TN, AR)

I add for BOB a decent machette, extra ammo for the 1911, I've got a military holster for my 1911 that will fit on the pack belt, ammo and mags for whatever long gun I decide to bring, a pair of handcuffs (someone pointed this one out to me a while back. If during an emergency someone comes up that needs help that you don't trust it at least gives you options... extreme I know, but I have them so they go in the bag... besides my wife might get kinky :) ).

One thing I've been needing for my first aid kit, a GOOD set of tweezers for removing splinters, ones that come to a sharp point but still have a gripping area... Anybody know where to find these?

Bearco

Instructor
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Covington
    One thing I've been needing for my first aid kit, a GOOD set of tweezers for removing splinters, ones that come to a sharp point but still have a gripping area... Anybody know where to find these?
    A medical supply store. I believe you have one in Metairie very near causeway. If not, Northlake Medical in Covington should have them

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    No bug out bag here. Bail out, I'm working on.

I don't plan on bugging out. I have a good cache of food, water and ammo. If it becomes that bad, I'll just go "get" more.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lilvonte722
    Top Bottom