bug out vest

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Asc.rudeboy

Walmitfahrer tactical#103
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2008
    ive been working on getting and putting together a couple bug out bags,then i rememberd i have a survival vest and book, my dad got when he was in the navey,,,not sure how he got it seeing he was a aviation mech. (im gonna pull it out this weekedn and go threw it still has all most all of the stuff in it from caffeen gum to uv film)....the vest is to small to fit me but it got me thinking instead of a small secondary b.o.b to keep in the truck get one of those turkey hunting vest,some have plenty of pockets front and side and then have the huge game compartment in the rear plenty of room to pack gear and xtra rounds wile keeping your hands free.and if your tuby like me you can actualy find one to wear....might not be tacti-cool but it could be practi-cool... also with a little help from someone that knows how to use a sowing machine it wouldne be hard to turn one into a battle vest,,adding shell holders along the straps and mag pouches in open areas..
    something like these
    http://www.bigcamo.com/bigandtallturkeyvestmossyoak.php
    http://www.bigcamo.com/Pella-Bird-Lite-Big-Tall-Upland-Vest.php

any thoughts??

Last edited:

Asc.rudeboy

Walmitfahrer tactical#103
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2008
    thanks,since you posted this ive been looking at what i want to order.

i just put together a baby bug out bag, its a small hunters bag but i got enough stuff in it for a grab and run with the guns..

12- 00buck shells
    3- 30 rnd mags
    36- .45 fmj rnds
    1-bottle of lube/cleaner
    1-cleaning brush
    2-snake bore cleaners,,.223 and .45
    1-large knife
    1-tweazers
    4- off wipes
    2-burn cream (first aid packs)
    1-bottle of contac solution/eye wash
    1-pair of thin work gloves
    3-bic lighter
    3-book matches
    6-personal toilet paper(from mres)
    6-wet wipes (from mres)
    1-flashlight xtra batteries
    3-mre food pouches/ 2 heaters
    3-mre crackers/2peanutbuter pouches
    1-snack cake mre
    1-energy bar (hooha)
    2-spoons
    1-large ziplock bag
    1-ink pen and paper
    asorted gauze and bandages borrowed from one of the first aid kits at work.

to be added
    water purifier tabs
    small compass
    chem lights
    cash stash<--thats gonna be hard to leave in there ha.

figured that would be good for a small pack,,all i would have to do is grab wife and daughter,bag and firearms and we can hit the road to where ever we feel safe..

still gonna work on a large bob..want one of those nice bags from http://www.eberlestock.com/Tactical Master.htm i can carry both my M590A1 and my bushmaster carbon15,in a side scabord and have enough room for all the things needed for 3 members of the family.

Ninja

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 30, 2008
    New Orleans
    I have a two vest/jackets by www.scottevest.com that I use almost every day. It carries almost everything I can put in my BOB(work in progress) except my First Aid Kit and it doesn't look like you're carrying anything. The sleeves are removable and in one of the jackets I can store them in the jacket for if I ever need them. The ones I have are also load bearing so you can carry lots of stuff on you and it doesn't feel like it. Just to see how much weight I can carry in it I put 200 rds of .45 ammo in box . my 4" .45 Springfield XD, extra mag, 2 bottles of water, leatherman, hammer, Machete, a 2D Flashlight and a few paper Magazines that I was too lazy to take out. There was a little weight on it but I could have taken off running with all that stuff on and it wasn't that bulky.

They really do have tons of pockets and I still don't think I've found all the pockets in the first one I bought a year or so ago. I have the fleece and I don't remember what my everyday jacket/vest was called but I don't see it on the website anymore but there are similar ones on there.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TonyGuillory
    Top Bottom