Bullpup showdown

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Favorite bullpup rifle?

• Steyr AUG

Votes: 6 14.6%
    • IWI Tavor

Votes: 20 48.8%
    • FN FS200

Votes: 4 9.8%
    • Kel-tec RFB

Votes: 7 17.1%
    • Other

Votes: 4 9.8%

• Total voters

Armed Mage

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2013
    Lafayette
    Curious to know what the preferred bullpup rifle of fellow bullpup fans here is. I own an AUG A3 which I love, though I've handled a Tavor in some stores too and it's really nice as well. I've even considered selling my AUG for one but think I'll stick with the AUG, especially with the aftermarket upgrades I have installed on it.

Not crazy about the FS2000. Looks cool but the complicated ejection system and incompatibility with polymer mags are a deal breaker for me.

The RFB seems like a great design but I've heard very mixed reports on its reliability.

some_goat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Baker/Central area
    I'm going with the RFB. One of my favorites, it will eat anything I feed it and the trigger ain't bad. Would like to get a TAVOR one day. But my god that trigger is horrible, more than 15lbs. Never got to fingerbang a AUG. on a side note for the reliability of the RFP once the gas system is dialed in don't touch it. the majority of issues I've heard deal with people messing with the gas system which has too many settings to begin with

Last edited:

dougstump

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    x
    I have (so far):
    FS2000 Standard model
    PS90
    Walther G22
    MSAR STG-556 (US made Aug clone)
    Kel Tec KSG (12 Gauge)
    I'm saving up for an RFB

My favorite? That’s a toss-up between the STG-556 & FS2000, I just wish they were in a more manly caliber. BTW, I've shot both rifles at 500 yards & had no trouble hitting the man sized steel silhouette with the standard optics (both rifles zeroed @ 100 yards, aim point was the top of the head). I don’t know where they were actually hitting, but we could hear the *ping*. I wonder how badly I scratched the paint. Just cause they are short doesn’t mean they won’t reach out & touch.

Quickdraw22

I SPEAK DA THUGG!1!
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 18, 2007
    Sulphur, Louisiana
    The STG/AUG is my favorite by far. I've handled the FS2000 and PS90, but wasn't a huge fan. The FS feels too "big", and the PS90 is quite long with the factory barrel.

If you're on the edge, just do it. If I have the choice of carrying around an AR or a bullpup, it's an easy choice...

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Metairie
    I just ordered an IWI Tavor, and can't wait to get my hands on it. And the problem with the trigger can easily be fixed by removing 1 of 2 springs in the trigger mechanism. Drops it down to about 7lbs.

Doc Holliday

I'm your huckleberry...
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    Watson, LA
    The Tavor is my favorite. I also have a MSAR and an FN PS90 SBR.

As to the Tavor trigger mod, I won't do it because of inconsistent trigger reset & voiding the warranty. It does have a typical bullpup trigger pull, but it's manageable for my purposes.

Ferrara Fire

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 12, 2013
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    I got to play with a lot of them last week. The 16" Tavor was my favorite, well with exception of the P90, but I can't sell those, however FN was very accommodating in helping me get set up to demo one for departments. The Tavor has grown on me, especially after getting some hands on time that I didn't have nearly 2k into... tearing it down, changing pieces over from side to side, making things fly across the showroom.

1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    I got to play with a lot of them last week. The 16" Tavor was my favorite, well with exception of the P90, but I can't sell those, however FN was very accommodating in helping me get set up to demo one for departments. The Tavor has grown on me, especially after getting some hands on time that I didn't have nearly 2k into... tearing it down, changing pieces over from side to side, making things fly across the showroom.

Cant wait to get mine from you when it gets in!

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    Was looking forward to the Tavor, but now I'm waiting on the X95....

Always liked the AUG but it's almost 40 years old.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom